Can anyone ID this wax?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by El Slotho, Sep 12, 2002.

1. El Slotho

El Slotho Every hour wounds. The last one kills.

It came in a Porsche soft-top care kit that my girlfriend received when she bought her TT, and I used it the other day with stellar results. Only labeled as "hardwax," it is a yellow liquid, smelling slightly antiseptic, that applies very easily and dries quickly as well. It is very slick, and feels oily. It is a bear to completely remove, especially if too much has been applied, but after a little elbow grease the paint looks and feels more wet than any wax that I have ever used.

Just curious.

[​IMG]

2. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

I don't know. These products have the Porsche label right on them? Weird...

3. El Slotho

El Slotho Every hour wounds. The last one kills.

Yes - no other identification as to who might have supplied the product for Porsche. I was hoping it might have been a known vendor relationship, but I'm sure it's really anyone's guess. :sad2:

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Hard to say, other than I know Porsche does not manufacture their own line of waxes. I do know that Mercedes line is made by Meguiars, so it could be the same for Porsche, since the qualities you describe (other than the scent) sounds very much like the liquid version of Meguiars #26 High Tech Yellow (which smells like a slightly chemical version of banana pudding).

5. anfrey

anfrey ɹǝƃuoɯǝɔɐǝd

lol i love the smell of #26 :) almost as much as i love the smell of the vinyl conditioner