can anyone help me v. windows 7 and sound card

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by victimizati0n, Nov 29, 2009.

1. victimizati0n

victimizati0n New Member

hey guys, i want to put windows 7 on my computer, but i have run into a problem

first off, here is my computer:

its an hp,
    c2d 6400 2.13 ghz
    7300le vid card
    2gig ram

i know with that vid card, i cant get the aero or whatever its called, but im not really concerned about that

im currently using an old sound card from my gateway computer, im not very sure what model the card is, but i believe it is a sound blaster live CT4831

the hp computer only came with on board sound, and my speakers have a digital output, which the onboard sound doesnt support digital speakers.

im wondering if its at all possible to get this sound card to work with window 7? Im currently running xp, and i have heard that 7 has some type of xp mode, but requires more than 2gig of ram??

can anyone give me some advise on how i can get this to work? I really dont feel like going out and buying new speakers :hs: thanks

2. rsxm5

rsxm5 OT Supporter

I doubt you will be able to get it to work properly. They don't have drivers for cards that old generally. You are better off getting new speakers in my opinion. XP mode isn't going to fix your problem

3. juvental604

juvental604 I like to pee upside down OT Supporter

yes you can likely get it to work, but you wont get true 5.1 sound out of it. I just upgraded to windows 7 and had to get a new sound card because my sb live wouldnt work.

if you dont care about 5.1 sound then get these drivers
    http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/
    the official creative drivers just gave me a blue screen

4. victimizati0n

victimizati0n New Member

thanks, when i get windows 7 i will try it out.. they are only 2.1 speakers, so no need for 5.1

5. Hate Crime

Hate Crime Don't Hate OT Supporter

With old shit like that, on-board sound will sound better. Unless you really are looking to get every bit of power of your processor, on-board sound will be just fine.

6. victimizati0n

victimizati0n New Member

like i said, my speakers are digital, and my on board sound does not have a digital input, so the speakers dont work.

If i have to buy a new sound card, i might as well just buy new speakers and use the onboard sound to free up a slot for my wireless card.

i found out that the speakers wont work the hard way, it took me forever to figure it out, i broke a pin on one of the connections and took the speakers apart thinking thats why they didnt work, and they still didnt work, when i went online to purchase a new speaker for the system i found out they are digital, so once i put the old card in, they worked flawlessly

7. victimizati0n

victimizati0n New Member

hey guys, i just made a new partition and installed 7 on it, and those drivers did not work.

i did a search on the model number of my card, and it seems that someone else has the same problem with that specific card