MIL Can anyone help me prepare for the CFAT?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by LesterTheMolester, Feb 25, 2010.

1. LesterTheMolester

LesterTheMolester OT Supporter

Going in next week to do it.

2. LesterTheMolester

I did the practice exam It's relatively easy, but I'd like to be as prepared as possible.

3. Off

Off Memento Mori

I assume you mean the CF Aptitude Test?

4. LesterTheMolester

you are correct, sorry I probably should've wrote that

5. Baldwizzle

Baldwizzle New Member

The test is definitely harder than the practice test, but it was still pretty basic stuff. What kind of educational background do you have?

6. LesterTheMolester

Graduated highschool pretty easily, had a terrible habit of slacking though. Did half of a bachelors in criminology (I was right out of highschool and decided i'd rather work and have money for the time being, never really ended up going back). The only thing is I feel so rusty, graduated highschool 05' and I haven't been to post secondary since...07-08 semester I believe.

7. LesterTheMolester

It's just that I made this decision a year back, and missed last years cutoff date for applications, so here I am, i know what I want to do I'm just afraid of screwing it up over a test.

8. Baldwizzle

Baldwizzle New Member

Just review some highschool math, and take a few online iq tests to learn some pattern recognition. Don't worry about the test--it really isn't hard.

9. Off

Off Memento Mori

Yea there's nothing you can really do to prep except basic math. I seem to remember a couple of algebra questions or something but theres nothing really difficult on it. I wrote it with about 15-20 people and only one managed to fail it.

What trade you going into?

10. LesterTheMolester

I can probably take advantage of it and do something else, but I have my heart set on infantry. I love pushing myself to limits physically/mentally, also I can't help but think they get some of the most intense along with interesting training.

11. Off

Off Memento Mori

Lets just say that unless you're completely retarded, the CFAT wont matter much for joining the infantry, but you may want to do well anyway because if you want an occupational transfer down the road it may come into play. BTW you'll probably never see your score, and you dont need to be a genius to be eligible for all trades, only a few air force and medical type trades require high scores.

The infantry is definitely fun, and no matter how fit you are, it'll be challenging, they constantly try to break you, the threat of being booted is always there (we lost 3 guys on my grad week) the option to quit is always there, which IMO makes it a lot tougher for the dudes who dont really want to be there.

Right after I went through they made a bunch of changes to the training plan, they threw in a week of urban warfare/more close quarters battle and the gunfighter stuff which is all good shit. And hey, you get to jump out of a helicopter

12. LesterTheMolester

:):x: haha sweet. I already feel a lot better about writing the test, thanks a lot man. Infantry sounds like the place for me :bigthumb: