Can anyone give me an insight to this female thought process?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by psycospyder, Feb 17, 2006.

1. psycospyder

psycospyder New Member

I asked this girl out, and she said yes but she was busy on the night in question. I said ok. I told her to let me know when she was free. A few days later i called her up again. I invited her to go out and get some coffee. She said she would really try to make it, she didn't.

I spotted the brush off and decided to leave the whole thing alone.

I'm not upset or anything, I just don't understand why she said she wanted to go out on a date instead of just saying no, which I would have been ok with.

Can anyone explain to me why she did this?

2. Vailripper

Vailripper Daywalkers have feelings too.

Because they don't want to make you feel bad.

3. Solus Emsu

Solus Emsu ****** U N R A T E D ! ****** -----THAT'S HOW I RO

Honestly......She was a pussy.
    She was too afraid to hurt your feelings or whatever and she just said yes, when she really meant no.

You see, women like to run away from things when the going gets tough or have to face something. They just throw it aside and take the easiest way for them out of something. They don't feel regret about doing that because it is easier for her to try her best to forget about standing you up instead of saying no to you.

I don't know if that little rant makes sense, but what I was trying to emphasize was that most women are pussies when if comes to turning guys down and end up being a bigger bitch about it in the end.

4. jonno

jonno New Member

5. misskim

misskim New Member

smart of you to notice the brush off and act accordingly- forget her
    when you ask a girl out, delivery matters - no lame pickup lines it is an instant turnoff! confidence counts too alot
    people who arent interested in you arent worth wasting time on..girls who share similar interests/hobbies/goals/etc. are more likely to say yes to coffee p.s. steer clear of high maintenance girls... they will make you age faster and you will usually end up alone in the end

6. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Here's my take on this, and it's really simple.

If she did not immediately counter-offer with another day that she was free, i.e., "Oh, but I am free Wednesday! Will that work for you?" then she is simply not interested. Women are often raised to not hurt people's feelings. As a result, they cannot say no. Instead, they use excuses. Excuses are a NO! So, you got a very clear answer - I'm not interested!

If she were interested, she'd make time for you.

And now you put the decision in her lap. This is a move that reeks of lacking confidence and self-control. You're the man, you're the one supposed to ask her on the date, not her! That's just a tiny sign that I picked up on, and I am sure she did too.

What, like two days later? That reeks of desperation. Next time wait 7-9 days to call a second time. And did you invite her to get coffee or go on a date? What did she say? Did you go and she stood you up? "Really try" is an excuse. Did you ask her "Are you going to 'really try' or are you going to be there? I'm not going to sit around and wait on you!" And of course she did not make it, she already told you she was not interested, but you're still pushing. Now she's having to be rude because you did not pick up the clue.

Good, but you should have spotted it the first time.

Women don't say no. Get over it. Okay, a few do, but those are not usually the type you want to date anyway! Instead they give you excuses. If you get an excuse, it's a no.

Plain and simple.

7. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

Speak only for yourself. :hsd:

8. scribblec

scribblec New Member

john just because your hurt dont need to try and counter everything poco says, he obviously knows and has more experience then you

9. JohnJohnJohnson

no i mean i've met some amazing women who know what they want, happy, not hurt

10. lauren

lauren Active Member

why is this?

11. JohnJohnJohnson

don't listen to him! it ain't true ...

12. JohnJohnJohnson

and btw i think poco gives great advice much of the time

13. red97gst

red97gst New Member

a young PUA in his prime...

14. BATMANs

BATMANs New Member

sinple, they have 2 brains in there heads.

brains are actually physically different.

For starters their corpus collosuem (sp?) is 40% larger in women.

it's the network between the 2 hemispheres.

Their cerebellum (sp?) is also larger for better fluid moves, handwriting, etc.

15. ebbnflo

ebbnflo REAL- LAOT Hermit

I gotta say, I think that's true. I also agree that if she didn't tell you when she WOULD be free pretty quickly, then she's probably not interested.
    Ugh, it sucks, and I am sorry that it is this way so often....women(in general) don't want to hurt your feelings right to your face, so they'd rather just basically do it when they aren't actually looking at you or talking to you in person.

I cannot really agree that women don't regret or feel bad about it later. I think some women do.
    (and for anyone who doesn't already know, I am a woman, so that's why I said what I said.)

16. RUchaps

RUchaps Active Member

Your first mistake is that you believe women "think".
    Whatever impulse they "feel" is what they usually go with.

17. JohnJohnJohnson

nice, you are a pro

18. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

you're single aren't you?

never wait a week and a half to call her! if she really is interested she's going to think you're blowing her off and she's going to put you out of her mind. it doesn't make you look desprite to call her 2 days later- it makes you look interested.

don't feel too hurt about it hun. maybe she's just nervous. or maybe she really was busy. if she was totally uninterested whe wouldn't have given you her number in the first place.

19. JohnJohnJohnson

... or wonder why you're blowing her off, and wonder if you will still call her. devil's advocate.

20. JohnJohnJohnson

:ugh:

21. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Single? :mamoru:

Calling in two days is predictable and boring, the complete anti-challenge that all women hate. Being boring is the #1 killer of relationships that my clients experience.

And if she was really interested, she'd still pick up the phone in 7 days and go on a date with you. In fact, some of the best women I have ever dated picked up the phone up to NINE days later and went on a date with me.

She'd only put you out of her mind if she wasn't interested. And that is the whole point! You don't want to waste time calling a woman who is not interested in you, like you were doing. Again, how much time and effort did you waste? When you confronted her in the club, how do you know there wasn't some other woman standing right there that thought you were cool, until she saw you go off? Not only did you blow it with girl #1, but you probably blew it with unknown girl #2, and your resulting bad mood could have ruined your night and chances to be yourself with other women. It all goes downhill, doesn't it?

What Lucky Penny is saying is akin to "Hey, I met the coolest guy a week ago, but because he never called me I am not going to like him." So, um, if he went out of town for a week on business that makes him less of a good guy? That's utter bullshit. A woman not being flexible enough to think a guy might have a life is a BAD sign and I wouldn't want to get involved with a woman that was that rigid.

See? People can get busy. But it's a well known fact that for some women it's far easier to give out a number and get the guy to leave than to say no and face a controversy (like our guy did when he saw her the second time) because THAT'S uncomfortable. So she did exactly the right thing - she knew you were not in a place to make things work and she wanted to enjoy her evening.

22. lauren

lauren Active Member

imo, waiting that long to call is rude. :o

23. Epiphany

Epiphany 78% of all statistics are made up on the spot

wow... ignorance is obviously bliss for you. If anything the problem is that women think too much.

24. Epiphany

Epiphany 78% of all statistics are made up on the spot

:werd:

25. lauren

lauren Active Member

hes referring, i assume, to the myers-briggs personality types. most females are feeling, over thinking.

extroverted vs introverted
    sensing vs intuition
    thinking vs feeling
    judging vs percieving

intp here. :o