A&P Can an amateur turn a newsworthy photo into $$$ ?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by AmosBanks, Aug 14, 2009.

1. AmosBanks

AmosBanks New Member

Two planes collided over the Hudson River recently. There were a few photos that people shot of the plane and the helicopter as they fell. I have always wished to be Johnny on the spot when something crazy happens just to see if I could get a good shot on the fly. How do people go about selling a newsworthy photo? My fantasy is to one day be the only one to capture some event and then trade the rights to the photo for a D700 and some of these http://tinyurl.com/55hkxh .

2. Fucker

Fucker out of the fast lane, bitches

you need to be faster, this is now old news. find the associated press office in chicago and ask about being a freelance stringer.

or, if you've got something really hot and you're the only one that has it, you can make bank shopping it around.

3. isaac86hatch

isaac86hatch This thread sucks

Unless you catch the president with his cock in a white woman, no.

4. Gvidon

Gvidon New Member

I think you would have better luck hitting lottery jackpot then catching Obama with Palin in bed.

5. THE mister juice

THE mister juice jfk→sea

celebrity babies = $$$$$$

6. Bloke

Bloke Banned

oh god the mental image

7. BeachBoy

BeachBoy New Member

I don't know if the guy that got the plane-heli crash on video made some$ with it.

other problem is they can legally get the tape/picture if it's to help in an investigation, then you get nothing at all

8. tetsuo

tetsuo And shepherds we shall be...

i'm pretty sure that only the police can legally get a copy of the picture/video to help with an investigation, the news outlets can't.

i remember when nick hogan had his car wreck one of the guys in the main forum lived really close by and went and snapped some pictures. he posted them in the thread and someone else took them and sold them to tmz or perez hilton. i remember the guy who sold them was threatened with a perma if he didn't give the money to the guy who took them. but basically this story answers the question, yes you can make some money as an amateur even with a point and shoot if you happen to be in the right place at the right time.