can a mini even function with 256mb of RAM?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Furner, May 21, 2005.

1. Furner

Furner New Member

I find myself waiting forever for the simplest tasks to finish, like closing a tab in safari, or launching iPhoto. I figured that it would suffer somewhat until i got my 1gb of RAM, but I never expected things to run this slow.

2. Jack Imhoff

Jack Imhoff Guest

It can function, but with only 1 or so application open at one time. I started out with 256mb myself. Now I have 1GB and it's a world of difference. No slow downs at all.

3. Snotfist

Snotfist I am the Urban Cowboy.

RAM is OS X's greatest friend. You can never have to much and I would at least upgrade to 512 while 1024 megs would be even better. I watched my ex girfriend try to run her iBook with 256 while we were figuring out some Kernel Panics and it was painful.

Do yourself a favor and upgrade. :bigthumb:

4. Furner

Furner New Member

i realy really really want to upgrade, but i need to wait to get my bill for the mini and see what my monthly payments are going to be. i was supposed to get 0% for one year on it at best buy, but they fucked up somewhere and i might have 6months 0%. If its 6 months, i need to really make sure I have the money to pay that off, and the way sears is tightening their belt, i dunno if I will be getting the hours i need there to pay the rest of my bills