A&P Cameras in Joe Louis Rink

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by eof, Oct 6, 2005.

1. eof

eof New Member

:wtc:

I got a ticket for next Monday expecting to take some pictures but I wanted to bring a 200mm lens. I don't get why they are so strict about this as I have taken pictures at Ford Field and Comerica Park.

I have noticed that other rinks are like this too...is it something the NHL forces on the rinks or is it something they are doing for a reason? I did a search and they actually make you check your camera if the lens is too long.... :ugh:

2. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

its annoying as hell! i went to a club a few weeks ago and walked right in the door with my 350D. was in there about 10 minutes when the manager approached me. asked me to take it back out to my car :hsugh:

he acted like it was a gun or something. yet there were girls walking around all night with their p&s

3. eof

eof New Member

I can sorta understand a club because some people can act like fucking morons with strobes and stuff... I could see some of my friends not liking people taking pictures of them in the club if they didn't know either so it could easily start a fight.

:dunno:

4. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

maybe they think you're hiding a gun like True Lies!

5. aZnRYcEbOi

aZnRYcEbOi New Member

6. CRC

CRC New Member

The Rose Garden is 200mm. I snuck in a 300mm though :hsugh:

7. eof

eof New Member

70-300?

Do you have any of the pics you took?

8. CRC

CRC New Member

yeah, the cheap f/5.6 70-300mm. We were in row F, which is about 13 rows from the floor.

I got tickets again this year, but in row P :( and I was going to rent a 70-200 IS w/ 1.4x tele, but I don't think it'll be long enough :mad:

9. CRC

CRC New Member

10. bradh

bradh New Member

i fucking hate that. i can never take mine to local concerts or anything

11. hardcore2Jazz

hardcore2Jazz New Member

trick is to throw the lens down the front of your pants and when they see the bulge in the pants just give the ticket collectors a wink. they'll know you are just extra excited about what ever event you are going to.

12. eof

eof New Member

I love hockey but I don't think they could mistake this for a hardon... [​IMG]

13. vizual

vizual → 190½ ЯBI ←

:rofl:

14. You guys are idiots, if you call ahead of time and say that you work for someone and you're providing coverage or some bull shit they'll usually let you do whatever. talk to people, if nothign else ask for names and just write them down and when you get stopped say "oh yeah mike jones said it was ok"...

The only reason the rule is like this is so that everyone and their grandmother isn't walking around with 300mm lenses poking everyone in the head and shit. haha jk

But for real, just call and talk to people, and no I don't mean talk to the ticket lady :squint:

talk to her manager and ask to talk to his manager, the higher up you go the better chance you get.
    jeez people.....