A&P Camera repair customer service

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by AmosBanks, Nov 14, 2008.

1. AmosBanks

AmosBanks New Member

I am doing my part to share a good customer service experience.

I dropped my Sigma 70-300 lens earlier this year and I sent it to United Camera in early October. I called them on Tuesday and I was told it would be ready in 2-3 days. That was right on time since I need it Saturday. I am in Chicago and they are in the burbs. I said I can pick it up Thursday or Friday when it's ready. I called back yesterday (Thursday) and I was told that another part is required and it will be two more weeks :wtc:.

I got a call from the technician today. He explained the reason for the additional delay and he apologized. I told him I no longer need to pick it up. I needed it Saturday because I have season tickets for football and Saturday is the last home game. There won't be a rush if I can't have it by Saturday.

The technician said I could sign out the 300mm house lens that they use to test cameras. I am driving out there now to pick it up. That is above and beyond what I expected and I thought I would share a good story.

2. Bloke

Bloke Banned

isnt that kinda slow lens for sports? anyway if i broke mine i would not consider it worth fixing. that said it will last forever since i dont use it.
    whatever works for you. as long as you like the pics thats all that matters

3. AmosBanks

AmosBanks New Member

I am very green regarding lenses. What's a good lens to consider once it's time to upgrade? My seats are in the 4th row dead center in the end zone. My 300mm lens gets good shots when the ball is on the near side 40 or closer (approx 60 yards away).

4. alexromo

alexromo New Member

slow or not, that guy could have never said shit to begin with

i would be more than thankful aswell

5. jared_IRL

jared_IRL OT Supporter

what lens did you borrow? how'd it work?

pics from the game?

6. AmosBanks

AmosBanks New Member

I borrowed a AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 70-300 f/4.5-5.6 G IF-ED. It was not to be, though. My car broke down on my way to the game and I had to be towed back to Chicago. Here is a photo of my car on the flatbed. Wa, waa :wtc:

[​IMG]

I've had season tickets for 14 years. Here are a few of my favorites

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I like this one because not many sports fans can say they've been in a crowd this large. Nevermind about the score...
    [​IMG]

This was cropped a lot because it's almost 50 yards away, but it's the only time I've captured a back clearing a hole.
    [​IMG]

Crowd shots are my favorite. #86 is Hot Dog Man. He buys a bunch of hot dogs at halftime and he throws them to the crowd until he gets kicked out.
    [​IMG]
    This one is a picture of a picture that I shot when I was a student. I like it because just about all the guys in this shot made it to the NFL
    [​IMG]