Camera Jiggle

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Just a kid, Oct 16, 2002.

1. Just a kid

Just a kid Guest

My dad and I road race a Corvette ZR1. We have been taking in car video at the events we go to, but the picture is always really shaky. It seems to be getting worse every time. The camera is mounted to our harness bar with a standard camera mount. Anybody have any idea's on how to reduce the jiggles?

2. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

mounting it on rubber

3. Guido The Penguin

Guido The Penguin Hi, I'm here for the gang bang.

It will isolate the camera from the bumping of the car.

4. Scoob_13

Scoob_13 Anything is possible, but the odds are astronomica

I think most purpose built in-car race cams use rubber padding between the clamp and the harness bars, however you can try visiting Home Depot or Lowes and picking up some 3/16" rubber matting.

5. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

At work we have these washers that are basicly oil filled rubber donuts. But they are square, and quite firm. We have them attatched to our cold water chillers, to help isolate the meters from teh vibration of the compressor, so they read acuratly (granted the gauges are fluid filled as well). If you can find somthing similar to that, it would REALLY get rid of the vibration.

6. freak

freak Guest

You need a strap... something you can wrap around the camera and then to the rool-bar... Tighten the strap. It works great for dampening the vibrations. :bigthumb: