A&P Camcorders?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Qckrun, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Qckrun

Qckrun New Member

Obviously a camcorder most likely isnt used in Photography (I know nothing about photography besides point and shoot) but since they are in the same relm of electronics I figured some of you on here may have some good advice on a camcorder.

My fiancee is due to have our 1st baby in February and I am looking at investing in a good camcorder but trying to keep the price below $550, preferably $500.

Does anyone have any suggestions on good camcorders? What do you look for in a camcorder? Brands? Canon, Sony? I know nothing as it comes to Cameras/Camcorders. I do however hope to engage in learning about photography and picture editing, as my next purchase after the camcorder is a new computer to edit pictures/movies.

2. MSIGuy

MSIGuy om nom nom nom!

You might want to look into a Canon G9 camera. It's an excellent P&S and takes great video too. Perfect for short clips.

If you're looking for more of a dedicated camera, sorry, can't really help ya... lol

3. aCab

aCab New Member

What are you going to be editing the video on? You can buy a decent Hard Drive based camcorder for around $500 these days.

4. Hua

Hua AZN photographer crew

Hard drive based camcorders are terrible, IMO. Unless you are using solid state drives, or flash memory cards. They don't like any sort of vibration. They will error every time you hit a bump, take it on a boat ride, or launch your car at the drag strip.

5. aCab

aCab New Member

Yeah, but it looks like he's not wanting to do anything extreme with it. Just filming the new baby amirite?

6. MSIGuy

MSIGuy om nom nom nom!

As long as the baby stays away from things like bungie jumping and drag racing it should be fine... :rofl:

7. aCab

aCab New Member

Oh, and tape camcorders will fuck up if you shake them around hard enough too. :o

8. Qckrun

Qckrun New Member

Your correct, I dont want to do anything extreme, just make videos of the baby making there first step, 1st birthday, etc. Just things to have mementos for later in life.

Is a P&S camera going to be able to provide enough mins of video though is the question.

9. Keegan

Keegan New Member