Camber correction on 1996 Ford Explorer, Eddie Bauer edition?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Layne Staley, Oct 25, 2003.

1. Layne Staley

Layne Staley New Member

My friend has a 1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer, and its lowered so much he has the worst negative camber i've ever seen, especially up front. I can't find a camber kit ANYWHERE for this thing on the net. Can anyone help me out here? Surely this is a fixable problem.

2. splat

splat Guest

of course it's fixable...correctly drop the truck or dont do it at all...the purpose of dropping a vehicle is to get better handling, which means if it's done incorrectly, not only will it look stupid (case and point above) but it will be rendered useless at the same time...does he only have like a 1 inch patch when he's rolling? they sell proper kits for this, cutting or heating springs are stupid...oh well...tell him get bags, or something....but do it correctly (didnt mean to come off as a bitch or whatnot...)

3. Otto

Otto Who the hell do you think I am!?!?!?!

They arent like an import, you cant buy a kit for it.

On ‘95 Ford Explorer (2WD & 4WD), the front suspension has limited caster adjustment but no camber adjustment. The solution? A new set of aftermarket cam bolts that replace the original equipment upper control arm bolts.

no idea where to get them, take it to the dealer and ask them