SRS Calming Nerves...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by DesignerAddic71, Jul 18, 2005.

1. DesignerAddic71

DesignerAddic71 RIP Luther Vandross 1951-2005

So I've been feeling pretty stressed recently (eh what's new lol) and I think my nerves are just shot. No matter what I eat, it just doesn't sit right. Anyone have any suggestions of foods or drinks that can calm ny stomach/nerves? As much as I love losing all this weight, I know I need to be eating.

2. tris

tris New Member

Yeah, be careful there... sounds like you're close to an ulcer. My friend has a disorder very similiar, and his doctor prescribed Ranitidine.. an acid suppressant, IIRC. I wouldn't go that far with you, but you should probably take up some form of exercise, and be as calm as possible when you're eating. It should be a very pleasant and relaxing experience. Maybe smoke a J?
    How about yoga?
    Breathing exercises?
    Plain ol' stretching?
    Walking? (maybe after dinner?)
    Reading? (Distract your mind, sometimes that's all it takes!)

I would also examine your environment.. it sounds like maybe you've become surrounded by your stressors, and you probably should eliminate some of those as much and as soon as possible --for your gastrointestinal sake!

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Along with the docters visit, i suggest you take long walks in nature for relaxation.

4. DesignerAddic71

DesignerAddic71 RIP Luther Vandross 1951-2005

tris-I've been trying to exercise more often these days. So far I get to the gym maybe twice-3 times a week. I have wanted to start reading more often too. I just ordered Objection! by Nancy Grace and The Last Juror by John Grisham, so hopefully those will keep me occupied in what little spare time I have.

Dark-I'm not a huge nature fan, but I love to sit by bodies of water. So I'm thinkin maybe some time by the lake (there is one close by) would have the same effect, no?

5. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

Yeah, you can't force yourself to enjoy nature if you're not prepared for it. :) It's a good suggestion though...start small and just enjoy a deep breath of fresh air at first.

Slow yourself down, allow yourself 1 minute each day to empty your thoughts of everything that is bothering you. Concentrate on each problem and imagine packing them away in your mind purposefully till there are no other thoughts but the sound of your breath.

Each week, add 5 minutes to that.