Calling Windows/PC Crew

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by DVS Man, Oct 13, 2007.

1. DVS Man

DVS Man Where the fuck is Battle Cat?

I have zero clue what just happened to my gf's PC. After taking her computer down w/ me to where I live (long distance relationship ftl), I hooked it up at the house. Every boots fine, i go into msconfig, terminate a few startup objects that shouldn't be like Realplayer, AIM, etc. As I am removing some programs, I get rid of her AV and then onto Java Runtime Environment. Once I try to remove it, the PC reboots.

As in launched XP, it'd keep on rebooting itself. So I just took a reinstallation XP disc that I got w/ my old Dell, her's E Machines). I just said fuck it, might as well start over. Hit setup in BIOS, changed it to boot from CD. Booted into xp setup, but it was taking like 15 min to "setup start." Impatience got the better of me, knowing it was a shit computer, maybe I can just reload the process. So I reboot, and then nothing...... It says No signal detected on my monitor, mess w/ the video cable. If i take it out, "no connection" I place it back in, "no signal." I know the Dell XP cd was only made to work on Dells, but she had her cd 3 hours away from me, and decided to try it out. Booting from a Dell cd couldn't have caused all this shit. Anyone have an idea what happened and how to fix? :hs:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Killbane

Killbane Ahhh Indianna...

Dude... :ugh: ...Try to get a hold of ERD2005 and restore that thing, or get a WINDOWS XP disk and do a restore.

3. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

The registry is fucked. You need to get her CD, boot from it like you're going to install, and when it detects the existing Windows installation, tell it to repair it. (This only happens after all the drivers are loaded, and after you've told it to install Windows now".)