Calling back (again) ... what to do?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Kreigore, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Kreigore

Kreigore New Member

Here's the scenario:

I'm out at the bar with some friends from work. I go up to the bar to grab another drink and make my way between a girl and her friend (I think).

The girl starts talking to me, we hit it off, things seem cool -- I get her number and she tells me to give her a call sometime.

About 10 minutes later as I'm walking away from the bar to leave and meet up with my friends near the entrance, she grabs me again / hugs me and whispers in my ear and says, "You're going to call me, right?" or something similar.

So, this was on Friday -- I called her on Tuesday to see what she was up to this weekend. Again, bad timing -- it's Easter weekend. I got her voicemail and left her a message and it went something like this:

"Hey Soandso, this is Kreigore. We met at the XYZ on Friday night. I wanted to see what you were up to this weekend. On Friday night, we could go ice skating at a local rink. Give me a call or I'll get in touch with you later."

So, I called back about 5 hours later (around 8pm) to see if she was around and I got her voicemail again, but I didn't leave a message this time.

Obviously, it's Thursday -- no time to really plan anything, especially with the holiday around the corner.

The question is, would one call her again early next week or let it die and move onto the next one?

Cliffs: Got a number, called for a date, left voicemail, called back alittle later on, got voicemail again, didn't leave a message -- should I call again next week or forget it?

2. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

Don't call again.

She now has your number, and if she's interested, she will call you back.

In my opinion, she is no longer interested.

Who knows why she gave you her number and made a big deal of making sure you were going to call? Maybe she liked the attention, maybe someone was there that she wanted to make jealous.

Maybe she got back with her ex over the weekend.

3. Pringles

Pringles New Member

ya I wouldn't call her either. If she wanted to see you she would've called. Girls do stupid things when they are intoxicated and sometimes it seems like they do it just because they know they can. But either way I wouldn't call back and for the record I think one was enough.

4. Kreigore

Kreigore New Member

Sounds good, time to keep rolling.

She does have the number, so she knows where to reach me (if she was interested).

5. Jackie Treehorn

Jackie Treehorn Active Member

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I have a similar situation. I got a couple numbers from girls off of match.com. I called one last night around 7:30, no answer. I opted not to leave a message. Should I call again tonight? And if she doesn't pick up, leave a message?

I haven't called the other girl yet, I'm gonna wait on that one.

6. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Yeah...I hate to say it because what's done is done, but you fucked up when you called her TWICE in one day. The ball is in her court, you don't need to go out on a limb for this girl and call her again.

7. Kreigore

Kreigore New Member

I didn't realize I fucked up. :noes:

In your opinion, should I have followed up the next day or so and not the same day? Or not have tried following up at all?

8. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Nope, you were in the right mindset by calling her a few days later and leaving a message with a plan for that weekend. At that point in the reading I was proud. But once you've done that that is it. Like others have said, you left a detailed message and she then had your number. It should be her next move. If she doesn't call then oh well, she's flighty.

9. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

Personally, I wouldn't tell her the date plan in the message.

I call one time, and I leave a message like "Hey, this is Yail. Call me at xxx-xxxx."

I don't tell her what I want, and I don't explain who I am.

If she can't remember who I am from my name and voice, obviously I didn't make an impression on her.

Women will give their numbers for all sorts of reasons. Don't be concerned when she flakes out on you. It happens to all of us at one time or another.

She has given you valuable information by not answering and not returning your call. She's not interested, so you shouldn't waste your time and effort on her.

10. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

Never follow up. What's the point? She knows you called and got your message. If she wanted to talk to you she'd pick up the phone and call you back.

11. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

:werd:

You can't convince her to like you.

She's giving you all the information that you need.

Why do you want to talk to her?

Does blowing you off and not returning your calls warrant rewarding her with a date invitation?

12. Kreigore

Kreigore New Member

You bring up a good point, Yail. What's funny is, after I hung up the phone, I realized I probably should have left a general, generic message to her.

I didn't have to give all the details. You live and learn. :bigok:

13. Kreigore

Kreigore New Member

Well, yeah - I'm not trying to persuade or convince anyone to like me. If they aren't for me, then so be it.

I just wasn't sure of a more positive way to handle the situation. In the message I left for her, I said I'd give her a call back (or that she could call me). That was my first mistake.

14. Guz200sx

Guz200sx The man who does more than he is paid for will soo

Yea she got your message so if she is interested she will call ya.

Also, like you said its Easter weekend. People are out of town or getting friends/family visiting them so this week may not have been the best time to hook up.

She will most likely call you back next week is what I think.

15. Midgetized

Yep, all you need is your name and #. If she wants you she'll call. I hate when guys keep calling back after I don't return their calls. Not returning a call=not interested.

16. Guz200sx

Guz200sx The man who does more than he is paid for will soo

Why wouldn't she be interested in anymore??

Its Easter weekend...Maybe she is busy with friends or family...I understand calling back and telling him whats up only takes 2mins but sometimes chicks are flaky like that.

17. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

Who knows?

I was all set to hook up with this chick once, then she got married to her ex-boyfriend :dunno:

We have no idea what's going on in her life.

Women are notoriously flaky in these situations. That's the reality, so we have to deal with it. Idealism will get us nowhere.

Highly interested women will answer the phone. And if for some reason she can't, she will call back ASAP.

18. Midgetized

Easter is only important to people who are religious or have kids. If she's not either then that isn't going to affect anything. Either way if she liked him she'd take a few minutes out of her day to call to let him know that she at least go the message and if she was busy then she would try to reschedule.

19. Kreigore

Kreigore New Member

:werd:

She probably wasn't interested in me. :o Like what was said earlier, if she was, she would have called me back by now. It doesn't take that long to pick up the phone if she was interested in the slightest.

20. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

Maybe she's shy? :hsughno: And at the bar her more friendly side came out as a result of having a few drinks.

Sometimes I put off calling guys back a few days if I'm busy. Even if it'll only be a two minute phone call to say "Sorry, busy this weekend", I get lazy and just call them back when timing is good for me. I don't know.

21. Toahk

Toahk Power User

When I get a girls number when im drunk/drinking, I usually try to call that night, or get a little more physical/personal before setting up a second date. Nothing worse than going on a non alcohol date with someone you were attracted to when you were drinking and have it be a total failure because of that fact. my .02

22. Chip Chipperson

Chip Chipperson New Member

NEVER expect a girl to call back. NEVER. Never put it in their hands, just don't do it. And don't have any emotional attachment to it, sometimes even if they're interested they just don't call. They're girls, they don't have to do anything.

Just be persistent, let go of your ego and call every few days/weeks until she picks up and you set a date or she tells you to fuck off. God knows what's happened since you met, don't try to get into her head. Just handle every girl the same way. Call every few days until you get a date or a "fuck off." Girls will sometimes hit a period when they decide they need to get some dick and if you catch them in that window you're jet set. Otherwise keep calling.

23. Jackie Treehorn

Jackie Treehorn Active Member

bah, flakey women. Called someone else tonight. More vm. :down:

Next! :wiggle: I like this idea of pursuing women that have "high interest"

At the same time, I find a lot of truth in the above post.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2007
  24. Hate Crime

Hate Crime Don't Hate OT Supporter

:bigthumb:

25. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

Finally someone who agrees with me on this "oh just leave a message" bullshit.

THEY DON'T CALL, EVER.