GUN Calling all WA WMDers

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Navvik, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Navvik

Navvik Active Member

I may be moving to your state. Whats it like? gun laws, local spots, blah blah blah. I'm thinking we might end up in Everett area or somewhere nearby. Also what're the people like?

2. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

shut up

3. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

why would you leave MN?

4. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

too cold for your ass?

5. Head on over. Other than not being to own cool NFA stuff (SBR, FA) the laws here aren't that bad. You can own a suppressor, but you can't use it on your gun. CCW is easy to get, and once you have one there is no waiting period on pistol purchases. Rifles are no waiting period either way. There are a number of places to shoot around Everett. There are also plenty of IDPA and IPSC matches if you're interested in trying it out.

The people here are mostly pussies. Everyone usually tries to be nice, and it seems like most people have their heads up their asses most of the time (I'm sure that's common all over really.) Also, Everett is a pretty big Navy town.

Why are you thinking about moving here? I'm not trying to make you rethink it, I'm just curious. It's a great place to live. If you do end up here, let me know, I live just a little bit south of Everett.

6. ChipOnShoulder

ChipOnShoulder New Member

People here a nice.

Lots of shooting sports going on. Weather during the summer = perfect. For half the year you get sunny, pleasant weather.

The other half it's cold and rainy, and always overcast.

Gun laws are split down the middle. Can own silencers but can't "use" em, but most cops i know mention that no one's ever been prosecuted for suppressor use. Can own evil looking guns, but can't own SBRs. Can buy AOWs (like the Serbu super shotty and M203, YEAAAAAAH).

If you come, bring your own woman. There is a shortage of single ladies in the Seattle area.

7. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

deal breakers

8. I'm not really a big suppressor fan, but I'd love to be able to own SBRs.

9. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

that was really was I was relating to. don't even know how that would work. I'd basically have to sell mine before I moved? :rofl: fuuuuuck that shit

10. You'd have to sell it or keep it out of state. I suppose you could attach a longer barrel upper to it. Then keep the SBR upper on a pistol lower. When the .gov falls apart and the zombies come you could always just put the SBR upper back on the rifle lower. (I'm not condoning doing that, or recommending it)

11. AB13

AB13 New Member

Regarding suppressors, I know a few police officers, and one of them told me a story:

" hey Ari, you know what I said when I was at the range the other day and saw a civillian bust out an HK with a silencer...

Me: What's that...

"Hey man, Can I shoot that?"

LOL

12. AB13

AB13 New Member

It may be based on where you grew up and live. I've lived in WA for about 30 years now, went to school here, etc. And there's no place I'd rather be.

I lived in San Leandro, CA for 4 years from 3rd to 6th grade, but that's about it.

The people here I know and hang out with are very trust worthy, down to earth folks. I don't like hanging around folks that have to bite their tounges too much.

If you like the outdoors, you know in a state where it isn't unbearable to actually be outside, etc. There's no place like WA. We got all kinds of shit going down every weekend, through out the week and you don't have to drive hours and hours to get to.

I also used to be involved in the clubbing scene around here a long while back. If you don't think Seattle kicks it, you don't know where to hang out. We used to go clubbing 3-4 times a week.

13. ChipOnShoulder

ChipOnShoulder New Member

WHERE DA WHITE WIMMIN AT?!

14. Navvik

Navvik Active Member

I traded up, thinking of going navy, and the better half is a shrink. so its seattle or surrounding area.

15. Navvik

Navvik Active Member

yes. :o Oh hey look, a midget and a sconnie.... fudgepacker.:greddy:

16. Everett isn't a bad place. I really hate all the people and traffic in Seattle, so I try like hell to avoid it when I can. North of Seattle is great. My personal choice for places to live are the places north of seattle on the highway 9 corridor. I'm not a big fan of having lots of people around, and the house prices are much more reasonable. Depending on how far you want to live from a bigger city, you can find anything from urban living (downtown Everett) to almost rural settings in the map I've marked below. The black line in the lower left is the northern city limit of seattle. The "A" is my house. The red circle is where I personally would look for houses. I suppose the real question is what kind of living situation are you looking for? House, apartment, condo, lots of people around, few people around, lots of land, little land, etc...

[​IMG]

17. Navvik

Navvik Active Member

I'm thinking we might end up in mill creek area, kinda hard ot figure out what its like from pictures though. so... maybe 10-12 miles north of you.

18. Mill Creek is pretty nice. What kind of info do you want to know about it? It's a new enough city that everything is in pretty good shape, there really aren't any bad areas.

19. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

just guide him to where your mom lives. he'll be happy there. I like the area

20. My parents just bought a new house in Clearview, which you can see in the lower 1/3 of the red area I circled on the map. Mill Creek is more developed than areas further east, which is nice because you have everything you need right nearby, but you have to deal with more people and more traffic and all.

21. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

:rofl: :love:

22. seismic

seismic New Member

I lived for 10 years in Mill Creek and I'm going to be returning there shortly. Went to the public schools there, mostly.

It's a lot more developed than it used to be. The house I grew up in, 2867 sq ft, 3 bed, 3 bath, sold for $250,000 ten years ago. Zillow.com estimates it at $484k now. It's in one of the old sub-divisions where things are more expensive. A lot of newer, "manufactured" sub-divisions are around now.

I love the area, but the house prices are nuts IMO. It probably ranges pretty greatly if you go just outside the city, though.

Feel free to ask any other questions about the area and I'll do my best. :)

23. Navvik

Navvik Active Member

I'm not worried about "bad" areas. I lived in the ghetto for the first 21 years of my life. What i'm maily interested in is the people type. the shrink wants to move to an area with people with problems that could benefit from service. I want to move to somewhere with beautiful scenery and food with a winter that doesnt suck the fattest cock known to man.

24. Well, there are lots of people there that will be working in the corporate business parks nearby and in the software industry (microsoft, etc...) jobs on the east side of the lake (lake washington) and I bet lots of them would be in need of help.

The scenery is great, the whole area is really nice. There are a lot of places to get food in and around Mill Creek. Hell, just a couple of minutes south of Mill Creek where I live I've got something like 32 places to eat within 1 mile of my house.

Winter for the most part is just rainy. We usually have a few days of snow, and sometimes it gets a bit below freezing, but likely not nearly as bad as what you're used to.

25. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

its been extremely hot/humid out there this summer though, wasn't it? saw it again you guys are going to get what, high 80s?