Call or don't call?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Lucifer, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Lucifer

Lucifer New Member

My GF and I are taking a small break. She's been so stressed out from work, school, and her father getting really sick that we found that the relationship was just too much to handle right now.

We had a long talk on Sunday and we've put things on hold so she can attend to her studies and catch up.

Now, some of my good guy friends all agree that I'm not to call her. Since she's the one that wanted the break, let her come back to me. I figured it would be hard but she called me at least 8 times yesterday. Come to today and I haven't gotten a single call, text, or email. :noes: That's not like her, she at least calls when she gets out of her last class or right before she goes to bed. Nothing today....

I want to call her so badly right now but I still have a buddy saying to stay the course. What's OT think?

EDIT: As much as I want to call and just make sure she's OK, it's too late to call tonight, she's in bed by 9 and up at 5. Question still stands; call tomorrow morning or wait for her to call me?

2. enfiniti

enfiniti How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

if she said break first

she's gotta call

unless she wears the pants

Just go on a date with someone else... that'll get her to call sooner if it is that important

3. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

She wants space, give it to her. Take some for yourself.

4. Abomb

Abomb New Member

fuck it. start talking to other chicks

5. Lucifer

Lucifer New Member

Well, she called me tonight. We talked about her day and then mine. She trailed off and finally said "I didn't hear from you today." I replied that I had a busy day from hell, which is true, and that I didn't want to interupt her not knowing her plans.

She asked if I miss her and if I still love her. I said that I did. We said our goodnights and then hung up. I texted her that I both miss and love her more than I could describe in words. She replied "Good, I was starting to wonder."

Seeing has how we had a huge talk on Sunday about how strong our love is for each other, I'm guessing that she's already feeling the pain of being apart. I'll have to wait and see how tomorrow goes.

6. Abomb

Abomb New Member

to be honest bro, If I were you, which I'm not, I would have worried her for a few days and dodged her calls and I sure as hell wouldnt have texted her what you said.

but thats just me.

7. bandwagon

bandwagon Copy/Paste

Dude she is tooling you. Personally I don't do 'breaks'. Who is she to decide when your relationship is on or off? If she wants a break, GIVE HER A BREAK. Like full time, zero contact.

8. mrs0323

mrs0323 New Member

She may want a "break" in terms of feeling she needs to pay attention to you as well and can't given current events in your life. Doesn't mean she doesn't love you or want to be with you, but that she's simply overwhelmed and needs to get her energy back to stay with you and it's something she just can't do right now. I've done the exact same thing before, told Mr. Man I needed a break due to classes, my daughter, my mom's health, etc....He was good enough to give me that space and time until I could get myself organized and deal with everything else. He waited until I called him, which was about 48 hours and just backed off of me in general. It was a life saver. Lasted about 2 weeks and now we're stronger than ever because he understood I wasn't discarding him, merely trying to stretch myself to thin and therefore being unfair to him. He deserved my attention and love, like the rest of my family but I just didn't have it to give at that time. But the fact I knew he was there in the background, being supportive, really helped me handle all the other bs I was going through.

9. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Break = the end.

Dont call her. Go out, and find another woman who doesnt need breaks everytime life gets tough.

Breaks should always be an immediate deal breaker in a serious relationship.

10. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

My GF and I are taking a small break. She's been so stressed out from work, school, and her father getting really sick that we found that the relationship was just too much to handle right now.

To be fair though, guys, it sounds like this isn't the normal "I want to see other people" break, it's more of a "I'm too stressed out right now" break.

11. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Sadly, that is the worst kind. Thats the "I cant handle you and my life at the same time, so you have to go"

If the relationship is meant to be, then why wouldnt she NEED you by her side through all the stress she is going through?

12. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

How long have you two been together and how old are you?

13. hyukki

hyukki ._.

:roflw:

14. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Yeah dude, when you're extra stressed out you should WANT your SO with you... right?

15. Abomb

Abomb New Member

yep, breaks are a bitch move and should be treated as such

16. OoOlAlA

OoOlAlA New Member

I dont agree with breaks but if she aleady has called numerous times and you havent she probly thinks she is bugging you. I say call her if you want a relationship with you still. Be done with this whole stupid break crap or break up.

17. Toda Party

Toda Party .....

Agreed. Don't call her.

18. skitcy

skitcy uhm title! ok

Breaks should always be an immediate deal breaker in a serious relationship.
    /closethread

19. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

breaks are a bad idea

I suggest not taking her calls for a couple days at the very least, maybe even finding a new girl to hang out with a bit, make her a bit jealous.

If you are on a break and she is calling to ask if you still love her and you just say yes, congrats she knows she has you and can do just about anything to you. Do you really want the rest of your time with her to be like this?

20. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Absolutely agreed.

And you're talking about BS on the phones, and kissing her ass. "Do you still love me?" she asks? I mean, shit, if you tell her straight out it's boring and predictable. You're in therapy zone right now, and that is a killer for relationships.

Stress is not a reason to take a break. Not being able to see you for a few days because I am busy is legit. But taking a break means (1) she is in control (2) you are insecure and desperate to let her walk away (3) if you take her back she'll know she can dump you and walk away any time she wants (4) you can't pick up any other woman.

A break is not an acceptable way of dealing with problems. If my fiance told me she wanted a break, I'd tell her that if she left she was not coming back. That shit is final.

You should take the opportunity to go hang out with other people, men and women, and then LIGHTEN THE FUCK UP when you talk to her! Don't talk about your day, your problems, your shit. Joke around, make her be attracted TO you. Right now you're clearly driving her away.

A break is a HUGE red flag and warning sign that she's going to dump you. Wake up!

21. ArthurPewty

ArthurPewty New Member

Just had to second this. Spot on.

22. Suncoast

Suncoast New Member

Breaks FTL.

23. WickedDevil

WickedDevil New Member

Don't call. Whatever you have to do to keep yourself from doing it, DON'T DO IT. She will more than likely feel pressured if you do so....:) If you love her, give her time and space. :)