GUN :california:

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by kellyclan, Feb 12, 2003.

1. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

:rofl: :rofl: Read the whole thing, half of it is below to give you the gist:

http://www2.ocregister.com/ocrweb/ocr/article.do?id=24611

As thousands of U.S. military personnel in California deploy to the Persian Gulf in preparation for war, some of them are having a serious problem.

They can't get guns.

Oh sure, the military provides them with an array of weapons: M-16s, grenade launchers, squad automatic weapons and so on. They're heavily armed.

But a lot of military types, particularly guys in special-operations units, like to supplement some of the standard-issue weaponry with privately purchased handguns and gun-related equipment of their own choosing. Often the handguns and equipment they can buy in the private market are better and more advanced than the standard-issue stuff.

But getting those handguns can be a big problem in California, which has some of the most restrictive gun laws in the nation. Although law enforcement personnel are exempted from many of the restrictions on purchasing firearms, military personnel stationed in California are not - even if they're on their way to a combat zone.

2. taco

taco Guest

california and their laws suck. those laws work real good. criminals can still get guns but their laws prevent our army from getting guns.

I'm sorry but I had to laugh out loud over this one.

3. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

damn, thats stupid.

4. J812MANY

J812MANY Guest

Your tax dollars hard at work.

JK

5. Phreaxer

Phreaxer Guest

I hate the laws they have in the stupid state!