TAT Calcium Deposit?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Arctika, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Arctika

Arctika Guest

I may be wrong, but I had always heard that the little knots that some people get in ear lobe piercings are from calcium deposits.

Anyhow, I have several percings in each ear lobe that I have had for many years. I haven't really worn jewelry in them for the past year or so. Every now and then, I'll push a pretty good amount of this white gunk out of the holes... what i'm assuming to be the calcium?

How normal is this? And is it better to keep getting it out, or just leave it alone?

2. Nickos

Nickos Active Member

its scar tissue and that white shit is dead skin cells and other crap

3. pir8penguin

pir8penguin Guest

is it normal for a healed piercing to get "white gunk" in small amounts from time to time? correlary: should you always clean your piercings w/soap and water, even years later? right now i'm using seperate soap, maybe just wash 'em out a little bit w/whatever i use as regular soap?

4. dumb_end_user

dumb_end_user Sad Gus

I just wash mine with regular old (bar) dial. Once they're healed you can't really hurt them too much - or not any mnore than any of your other skin. And yes, it is normal for there to be some "white gunk" around even healed piercings.

5. Nickos

Nickos Active Member

yea.. ive had my ears pierced for like 15 years.. they still give off with shit.. even more so sonce they are at 1/2"

its nothing to worr about if other piercinge do it.. it might or might not happen, none of my other piercings do it but thats just me

6. Arctika

Arctika Guest

Since I dont wear jewelry in them, washing in the shower only gets the surface. I just push the gunk through with my finger. If it's dead cells I guess i'll just keep doing it every now and then when it builds up :shrug:

7. upparoom

upparoom OT Supporter

I still get gunk around my nipple from time to time and i've had it in for almost a year