GUN CAI M1 Garands not that bad?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Powderburn, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Powderburn

Powderburn New Member

last weekend i was with my dad and stopped into a little known mom & pop gunstore in St. Pete. I looked around and almost concluded i hadnt seen anything worth lookin at twice until i hit the end of the rifle cases and saw a century garand w/ sling for 629.99....i pulled my dad aside to take a look at it....well long story short turns out they had two in stock....one with what seems like "character-laden" wood and one with new walnut furniture. The bores looked good on both....i asked the guy what hed do for us if we took both. He said hed sell us both Garands for 1000 even out the door. My dad bought them...one for me and one for him. I realize the CMP garands go for about that and u get the real GI forged receiver blah blah blah, but i would of wanted a service grade garand to take that route and clearly they are fresh out. Plus, i just wanted a garand to have fun with.

Well we took one of them to the range on sunday and after some sighting in @ 50 yards i was hitting the bullseye and 10 ring with ease shot after shot...no malfunctions or gremlins to speak of. I was shooting M2 ball ammo. No issues with the "cast receiver".

I think ive caught the garand bug....wouldnt mind getting another to go with my Century "parts gun :naughty:

2. ElChupacabra

ElChupacabra we should have fucking shotguns

Fulton Armory all the way. You can see mine on gungirls.com somewhere (sans girl).

3. itchiban

itchiban New Member

:cool: Garands have really grown on me. Plus the sound of the clip being ejected is golden.

pics?

4. Powderburn

Powderburn New Member

if i really get a major hardon for shooting my bargain basement garand i may put some money down on a Fulton M1...but at close to 1500 i have other projects in that price range i want first....i need a long range bolt gun for my new leupold mark4 for instance...