SRS Caffeine Withdrawals

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by OpoQ, Mar 1, 2006.

1. OpoQ

OpoQ 12 Shades of Awesome

Does anyone have any idea how long it takes to withdraw from caffeine? I've looked all over the net and I haven't found many credible sources. A personal experience would be great as I am trying to steer clear of the drug, though I'm finding it extremely hard with these headaches, body aches and this sudden bout of depression.

Right now I'm trying to sleep and the inside of my neck and head hurts and I know it is from caffeine withdrawls since I don't normally feel this way.

I tried http://www.rochester.edu/uhs/healthtopics/GeneralHealth/caffeine.html but it comes up as a 404. So hopefully someone here has gone through a simliar experience and would like to share some methods that don't include sleeping an extra 5 hours a day and dumping half a packet of panadine.

:hsd:

2. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

Start lifting weights and running

endorphines > caffeine

3. selfpollution

selfpollution New Member

I think it is 3 days for it to be out of your system. Try drinking green tea if it is really bothering you. It still have caffeine but not as much and the delivery system is different. Green Tea is also really healthy.

4. coma

coma New Member

That's a good question. There is very little info on caffeine addiction on the 'Net. What is working for me is I'm down to 1/12 oz. cup/day and I feel wonderful at that level. I get nauseated at the thought of drinking more but when I go down to 0 cups I get mild depression. I've gone weeks w/out any at all but when I picked it up again it was as if I was as high as a kite, a veil of darkness had been lifted and I was so relaxed.

5. James Bond

James Bond Guest

i found some caffine gum on ebay to help me stop

6. Maliboost

Maliboost New Member

they make caffeine mints, like altoids. i stopped drinking caffeine drinks regularly. i started falling into a pattern of 2-3 monsters or redbulls a day, but then i started to feel cravings for them, and if i didn't get it I wouldn't feel right. i put the end to it, felt shitty for like a week but now i'm alright. i don't avoide caffeine or anything, i just don't drink incredible ammounts anymore

7. Matt550

Matt550 New Member

Give it a few days and you will be okay.

I quite drinking soda (again) and now only drink 1 cup of coffee on the way to work. I was getting head aches towards the end of the day but those have stopped.

8. Romidgeo

Romidgeo New Member

i was badly addicted to caffeine and it took around a month for it 2 totally get out of my system...hang in their bud

9. BlueEyes

BlueEyes New Member

I was drinking 3 cups of coffee a day and now I am down to none. I just cut it out recently. I just got tired of drinking it everyday. I think what also helped is that I increased my water in take A LOT since cutting down on the coffee. Yesterday was my first day without any caffeine and I did really, really well. Slight headache only.

10. Mace Windu

Mace Windu OT's Resident Pile of Awesome

Took me about a week. I drink a soda everynow and then just to have one, but everything else I have if caffiene free.

11. I'm a Slacker

I'm a Slacker ASStastic

I'm also hooked:wtc:

12. Vegasoutkast

Vegasoutkast New Member

about 3-4 weeks ago I just stopped cold turkey.

It was one god aweful week - headaches, body aches, depression, anger and even had some suicidle thoughts. I was like WTF is happening to me but I popped out of it and things have leveled off. First time I went without caffiene for more then a day since I was 18.

13. poisonivvy

poisonivvy New Member

About a week is a normal amount for most people. However, soda is not the only thing that has caffeine in it (iced tea, chocolate, cold relief medications)...so if you're looking to totally cut it out, it may take more than a week.

14. tsi90

tsi90 _____

There is no such thing as caffeine withdrawal. I use to take 200mg a day, with ephedrine too for over a year. I stopped about 4 months ago with no problems at all.

15. vitamin dew

vitamin dew New Member

I started drinking like 6 bottles of water a day lol. Withdrawls suck, Id get headaches if I went even an hour without caffeine. It stopped after a few days.

16. Little Erve

Little Erve New Member

For me, I'm not so sure it's caffeine. I get withdrawals if I don't have coffee.

17. x deaD piXeL

x deaD piXeL Turn up the fucking music!

Don't know anything about that but if you wanna know about caffeine hangovers, I'm the man to talk to! Took 9 NoDoz pills all at once before homecoming (I'm only 125 lbs) and everything was CRAZY. Then at night, I was so fucking sick I puked and everything.

18. pist

pist New Member

200 mg isn't all that much but over a year is a longass time. a lot of us take 200 mg like 3 times a day in supplement form (and with 25 mg ephedrine) better to cycle it though

19. k4rmapolice

k4rmapolice New Member

I drink like 1 of those 64 oz double gulps from 7-11 everyday of dr pepper plus i get free soda at work, where I probably drink another 64 oz's or so. I have tried to quit soda before, and basically I lost weight but felt like shit for a week or so. I would like to quit again but its hard sometimes since drinking soda is an everyday thing for me.

20. w00tpoint

w00tpoint New Member

the nice thing about caffiene is that, while it can be tough to quite, its over quickly. if you have to, take a 3 day weekend and just go for it. go stay with a (really understanding) friend, and just go for it. i went from drinking a pot of coffee a day at least to none in a weekend. monday wasn't pretty, but i was functional by then.
    or just start weaning yourself off slowly. its easier on you, but hard to keep disciplined.

21. BimmerPower

BimmerPower New Member

I also recommend giving it a few days to get out of your system. Try drinking some decafinated green tea,and keep telling yourself mentally that it has caffine. Good luck!

22. Lothore

Lothore New Member

I know whatcha mean man.... I also average around 120 oz of soda a day. I mean I just start off with a large drink for lunch and then i keep drinking soda throughout the day and can easily finish one of the 2 liter bottles in the evening. I sorta want to stop but i feel so shitty even if i dont drink soda by lunchtime.

23. OpoQ

OpoQ 12 Shades of Awesome

:nono:

24. Metal

Metal Active Member

I've never had a problem with caffeine except for taking too much of it and getting heart palpatations which usually lead me to a panic attack. I try to stick to just a Medium cup of Coffee after Dinner.. and I will drink Red Bulls, SoBe Drinks, etc.. once in awhile and be fine.

25. 20KHorses

20KHorses New Member

3-4 days for most people imo