cadillac escalade

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by BoypussY, Nov 12, 2009.

1. BoypussY

BoypussY game over.

anyone here drive an escalade? any thoughts, comments, suggestions?

2. J_75

J_75 New Member

I've been in one, and driven one a couple times. Very nice ride, decent interior (still has all the cheap switchgear from the entry level models :ugh: ).....but I would never buy one.

For the same money I would rather buy a Suburban, customize the interior with better everything, and still save $5K.....but I'm not impressed at all with the Cadillac "brand", or GM in general. If you really like Cadillac's, I guess it is a pretty decent vehicle.

3. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

Nice SUV I would never buy one either though don't see a need to seat 6 people daily and get 15mpg unless you have a large family

4. camarosrool

camarosrool yes i am

Test drove one and thought it was awesome

I will be getting that or the SRX for my next vehicle

5. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

It's just a Tahoe with different sheet metal.... save yourself some money and get the Tahoe unless you just HAVE to have the bling.

6. TriShield

TriShield Super Moderator® Super Moderator

I've got an 07 ESV. I never liked the Escalade much compared to the Tahoe until the current models came out. The 07+ Escalades are very well differentiated from their blue-collar brothers.

I love the styling inside and out. As you would expect the interior is very comfortable and the ride is plush. It's also very quiet, probably the quietest SUV I've been in. Especially around the A-pillars, little to know wind rush at all.

The 403hp drivetrain is exceptional as well. And it has a muscle car exhaust rumble and pop stock. It also returns about 15mpg in city traffic and 20mpg on the open road, much better than expected for an eight passenger vehicle.

I would say get a Tahoe if you're not looking at the 07+, but they should be getting cheaper now. The problem will be finding one that hasn't been ragged out or smoked in like a chimney.

7. caddymac

caddymac New Member

Here's the way I've always looked at it - with a Tahoe or Yukon you could be getting a vehicle with no options or all the options. With the Escalade you at least know that at base trim it is still nicely loaded.

8. saabguy

saabguy Active Member

We got a CPO 07 SRX a few months ago. every available feature (ultraview moonroof, DVD, NAV, V8 Northstar, magnetic ride control, etc.). it had about 26k miles on it, and i think we got a good deal ($26,500 which included the 100k mile CPO warranty). so far we've been really really happy with it. it rides very nice, really quiet and comfortable to drive. fun to drive, too. and it's got enough room for what we need, but it's not a giant SUV that my wife would be nervous driving around in tight quarters. first caddy we've owned and so far we are very pleased with the ride/quality/comfort.

9. adamjeeps

adamjeeps New Member

My father in law has one. If you are ever going to use the rear seats, get the ESV version (Suburban). The cargo areas is SMALL when the rear seats are not folded up. Plus, they are a bitch to remove. He wishes every day he had got the longer version.

10. TriShield

The ESV looks better too, IMO.

11. BlazinBlazer Guy

Yeah, looks better until you try to park it. Then it's a PITA, just like my crew cab GMT900 truck is. That's about the only drawback though.

12. TriShield

I find it easy to park and drive. The more you drive it the more it seems to shrink. The rear parking assist is standard on the 07+ too.

13. ldaggerl

ldaggerl New Member

Very true, its not that hard to park a big vehicle. Some times you just can't squeeze it into the closer parking spots like you'd want.

14. BlazinBlazer Guy

I didn't say it was hard to drive.... anything but. However I often park in a parking ramp that has VERY tight quarters, and there are times I have to reposition 2-3 times to get out of a spot once I'm in it just because of the truck's width and large turning radius (thanks to the wheelbase). Not that it's a big deal, but when you have impatient people pulling up close to you and getting in the way while you're doing all this can make the maneuver fairly maddening.

And I do have rear parking assist and a back-up camera in my truck. Very handy indeed.

15. crazybenf

crazybenf Active Member

I have an 05 ext.

Great truck, piss poor mileage.

16. philvia

philvia SUCKIN ON MY TITTIES LIKE YOU WANTIN ME CALLIN ME

cant imagine how anyone could park a car as long as an escalade... unless you dont mind driving around for an hour looking for a spot large enough. but i suppose anyone willing to spend that much on an suv is willing to pay the extra couple hundred bucks a month for parking too.

17. GammaRadiation

GammaRadiation Active Member

I like the fully loaded interior in a Chevy or GMC as much as the Cadillac interior.