Cable TV Distribution

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Kieffer87, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Kieffer87

Kieffer87 Orly OT Supporter

2. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

Go to Lowes and pickup a home cable amplifier/distribution block. They are around $50-$100 depending on what you need, but the better ones require an electrical source to ampboost the signal.

3. cassetti

cassetti New Member

well, Amill94 is halfway there. You can get amplifiers and distro blocks - but the thing you don't mention is what sort of cable you are going to be using

If you are going to be using on-demand services like those offered by comcast - those distro-blocks/amplifiers actually degrade the signal quality - to the point where your on-demand service will actually not work half the time!

do some research if you are going to be using on-demand services before making any purchases.

4. Kieffer87

Nah don't plan on using any on demand services.

5. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

How else do you get the cable signal throughout the house? A house has one main line run to the house. From there it either splits using multiple splitters (shitty method) or a distribution panel/amplifier. How else do you get the lines through the house without starting at a panel/block amplifier?

6. Kieffer87

Yea we currently are using the shitty method with 2 splitters and an amplifier. Its to the point where my cable modem won't connect unless I change all the wires around so its on the very first split. So I figured it was time to get it straightened out. The thing I liked about the link I posted is it has a port for the modem as well.