cable modem problem *need help*

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Vicious, Feb 18, 2003.

1. Vicious

Vicious Crash & Burn lifestyle

i have at&t broadband internet and i have a linksys router hooked up to my computer and one other one...

the problem i'm having is that i seem to constantly lose my connection (especially on OT) i'll be on and i'll click a thread or some link and it will bring up a "Cannot find Server" page not found thing after a couple seconds and a refresh it works, and in games i'll play for a bit and then it will hang (it don't seem like normal lag) and usually display a Connection Not Found or Connection Problem...

i would just like to know if this is a problem with the cable modem(connection) or the router or both, or might i just have the wrong settings set for my computer? any help is appreciated...
    (also any sites you can point me to would help)

:big grin:

2. MP

MP New Member

chances are you are getting to much signal loss or are to far away from the central servers location.

a: you are not supposed to have more then ONE splitter. One for tv, one for cable. NO MORE THEN THAT.

b: give them a call and see if they have any suggestions or have come out with a better modem.

try pinging stuff with larger packets and for longer amounts of time. See if you are getting high latency or more then 5% packetloss.