Cable management

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Sephiroth13, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Sephiroth13

Sephiroth13 Beginning of the End

I just moved into a new place, an apartment of sorts and I just hooked my huge ass TV and surround sound and all the devices and realized that I have this unbelievable mess of of wires and speaker wire running around in the back, Other than zip ties, Can anyone recommend anything for cable management. :bigthumb:

1. Something that will tidy up back behind the TV, as its right now a Glass Entertainment center, so you can see everything, I was thinking of Cable raceways and just stick on the main Support structure in the back and run the cables through that, that go to the TV. that would be one.

2. Maybe like Hump thingies *thats my technical term:mamoru:* to cover the speaker running to and fro from the Back surround speakers, covering up the unsightly Speaker wire.

3. A box of some kind that will house the Power strip and have the cords come out of the box, not sure if there is something like that out there, All I know is, that there is a lot of stuff plugged into and thats where a lot of the mess starts. I guess I could make something that would do that, which would be fine, but Ideally it would cool if there is something already out there for that.

Color matching is not important but would be nice. Maybe a something that run along the Baseboard, *I think Cable Raceways come to mind*.

A lot of my mess is right behind the TV and that is what is most important right now, as that is what you basically first notice when you come into the living room, and its quiet hideous.

Any help at all will be much appreciated. :wavey:

2. Sephiroth13

Sephiroth13 Beginning of the End

awe :wtc: oh well thanks anyway :wavey: