GUN CA crew. Got a question about transfer

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by 70Machwon, Mar 28, 2006.

1. 70Machwon

70Machwon New Member

My aunt is selling a revolver, i am hoping she will give me a good deal. I have no details on the gun, but im just researching how to get it.

I am under 21, so i know i cant buy it, but if i have my dad/mom get it, would they have to take the handgun test. I know its not hard for me, but they know jack shit about guns. Also, i have to do a full transfer right? Its only 10 bucks at Big 5, but would they need to do that transfer even though its family??

My aunts moving up to oregon and doesnt want to take it. Man i hate this 21 and over thing.

2. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

packing.org should give you details on what involved on getting it, as far as ffl transfer varies by state but cali will prolly want you to go through it again info should be on packing.org

3. striker754

striker754 Chillin

Cali? I believe you have to do an FFL transfer even for private transfers. :rofl:
    Not sure about gifts.

Either way, remember its illegal to give your parents money to purchase the gun:)

4. 70Machwon

70Machwon New Member

alright, thanks to both of you. Ill check packing.org to be sure. I know i have to FFL it, but Big 5 does that for 10 bucks, other places are at least 25-35. One place is as high as 75. Talk about a rip off.

And of course, it will be my parents not mine. At least until im 21.

5. Furner

Furner New Member

High FFL prices usually just mean they dont want to do it, but wont say no if you throw money at them

6. 70Machwon

70Machwon New Member

bingo. They want you to buy outragously high CA prices.:rolleyes:

7. timmy8151

timmy8151 New Member

Here's what you should do. First have your Aunt do a PPT (Private Party Transfer aka as a "Face to Face") transfer. By law the FFL can only charge $10 in fees + $25 for the DROS, making it a total of $35. FFL's can not deviate from this price for the transfer. And yes your parents would need to obtain a HSC card before doing the PPT.

A handgun can only be given as a gift between and Parent and their Adult child or a Grandparent and their Adult Grandchild. It doesn't work between siblings.

8. islanderman7

islanderman7 New Member

9. striker754

striker754 Chillin

Dude, stop posting this. Your california buddies are wrong. You CANNOT give someone else money to purchase a gun for you, even if it is your parents.

Oh and LOL at 35 dollars for private transfer.

10. islanderman7

islanderman7 New Member

how are we wrong? im confused!?! your father or mother can buy the gun. then the Intra-Familial Handgun Transaction.

Can I give a firearm to my adult child? Can he/she give it back to me later?

Yes, as long as the adult child receiving the firearm is not in a prohibited category and the firearm is a legal firearm to possess, the transfer of a firearm between a parent and child or a grandparent and grandchild is exempt from the dealer transfer requirement. However, if the firearm is a handgun, you must submit an Report of Operation of Law or Intra-Familial Handgun Transaction and $19 fee to the DOJ within 30 days. Assault weapons may not be transferred in this fashion. See Penal Code section 12285, subdivision (b). (PC section 12076(c))

remeber, you have to be at least 18yrs of age to take the Handgun Safety Certificate (HSC form).

you live in colorado, so i wouldnt expect you to know our laws:ugh2:

11. striker754

striker754 Chillin

Yes, but I do live in the USA. There are laws that apply to everyone in this country. They are called Federal laws.

You cannot fucking give someone else money to purchase a gun for you. Stop posting this bullshit.

12. Gaunt

Gaunt blood for the blood god OT Supporter

there is an FFL guy in middleburg florida that will do it for a case of beer and sales tax. if i ever buy anything online im going to im.:bowdown:

13. islanderman7

islanderman7 New Member

whatever! cali law > federal law :fawk:

14. striker754

striker754 Chillin

$1 dollar transfers > that shit. (You have to pay sales tax on your items you buy online? :rofl: )

notrly. So don't post your stupid cali thread anymore k? Its wrong.

15. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

you = dumb shit

You CAN legally give money to someone else to get you a gun. The laws prohibit it for getting a gun for someone who can not legally posess a firearm in the first place.

Now stay the fuck out of threads regarding CA laws, since it obvious that you dont know the first thing about the laws outside Colo

16. striker754

striker754 Chillin

No you cannot. You cannot give someone money to purchase a weapon you are unable to purchase. A minor cannot purchase a handgun from an FFL dealer. Giving money to another to purchase a pistol you cannot get is not legal. Its not a state law dipshit, its federal law. Sure you might not get caught, but giving someone money to purchase a firearm you cannot, is illegal.

Have you ever in your entire life filled out a form 4473? Read the fucking first yes or no question on it.

17. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

yes, actually I have filled out a 4473, probably a hell of a lot more recently than ou have. Remember, in CA the age for posession of handguns in 18, but for purchase is 21. Go read up on Cali laws for awhile, and then come back and post out of your infinite wisdom. Untill then, Ill just ignore you posts.

18. striker754

striker754 Chillin

Filled one out more recently than last friday? State possession age does not mean jackshit. Lying on a 4473 is a federal crime. The 4473 asks you if you are the actual buyer. Someone giving you money, makes you NOT the actual buyer.

Understand this. When you purchase (transfer) a gun from a Federal Firearms Licensee, you are under federal law. In case you aren't up to date, federal government uses the commerce clause to control interstate commerce of firearms. They do this through FFL holders. The age set by the feds ONLY applies to FFL, since they are regulated by the govt under commerce clause. State law doesnt mean jack shit.

Giving someone money to purchase a firearm for you = illegal. Person buying is committing a felony lying on the 4473. Giving someone a firearm as a gift without receiving money for it is different.

His post states he will give someone money to buy a firearm. That is illegal.

19. Gaunt

well its better then most FFl places in north east florida. where it is 20+ and you have to pay sales tax

20. striker754

striker754 Chillin

Thats funny that you have to pay sales tax on transfers

21. 70Machwon

70Machwon New Member

damn, maybe this isnt such a good idea then. I may just have to be patient unless my aunt decides to give my parents the gun. Oh well

thanks for all the posts.

22. striker754

striker754 Chillin

I mean, you probably won't be caught, but don't believe these fucks tellin you its legal to accept money and purchase a gun for someone else. First question on the 4473 sets you up for a nice purgery charge if you lie on it.

23. Gaunt

my mom bought me a rifle. she signed for it then gave it to me as a gift which is legal. if is a gift from parent to child it is legal

24. striker754

striker754 Chillin

Yes, but we are not talking gifts. Read retard's post on his awesome CA board. This by definition is not a gift.

25. 70Machwon

70Machwon New Member

were you quoteing me in teh last part??

and yea, i realize it would be illegal and i most likely wouldnt be caught, but its not really worth consitering i dont even know what it is. Now if she wants to GIVE my parents the gun, ill gladly shoot it at the range.