GUN Ca Ccw

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Mr Roboto, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Mr Roboto

Mr Roboto Flat Black Member

All right, I checked packing.org, calguns.net, etc. but haven't found an answer to my question. I live in San Diego county, which is difficult to get a CCW in. But I also own a residence in San Bernardino County (Big Bear), which is pretty easy to get a CCW permit in, I'm told. Can I recieve a CCW from the San Bernardino County Sherrif's office, because I own a residence there, or can I only get one from the county I live in? Anyone know (without all the "California sucks, you can't get a CCW" BS, cause I know all that shit first hand)?

2. twofourtysx

twofourtysx New Member

WTF is with all the CA CCW threads? You can get a CCW (if the county allows it) if you can show proof of residence there such as a utility bill.

3. Mr Roboto

See, I'm asking if they're going to freak out that my DL is in San Diego county, and if all I need is a utility bill. And if SD LEO's will honor it, because it's an out-of-county permit held by a resident of SD County? I realize it's not up to the LEO, but would I get charged with anything if I did carry?

4. Grouch

Grouch Guest

you'll have to prove that you live there. by live there I mean spend a majority of your life in that county.

5. Grouch

Grouch Guest

SD will not honor a utility bill from another county.

6. TwoGuns

TwoGuns Medical Crew

The thing to ask is wether your permit would let you legally carry in SD. If not, what's the point? I don't know if all counties honor other county concealed carry permits.

7. Mr Roboto

What I am saying is that I would go to the San Bernardino county sherrif's with a utility bill from San Bernardino county, and get the CCW permit from them. I do not reside in San Bernardino county most of the year though. I live in San Diego county, and am wondering if I could carry in San Diego county with a CCW permit issued in San Bernardino county.

That's exactly what I am asking. I have a residence in Big Bear, and they can't prove I do not live there most of the time. Who's to say I don't commute every day? But if they won't honor it in San Diego, I agree, what's the point?

8. Grouch

Grouch Guest

if you can't prove that you live in San Bernardino a majority of the time then they have no reason to consider you a resident.

9. Mr Roboto

Are you saying this because you have experience with this, or are you saying it just to say something? What do they need, other than a utility bill? Nobody keeps records of when I'm at the house, and I don't think they're going to set up a surveillance team to see if I live there 183 days out of the year.

10. Grouch

Grouch Guest

I'm saying because I'm better at searching google than you are and I'm using common sense. If you were a bit smarter or wanted real help why dont you join a few real gun boards and ask this again.

11. Mr Roboto

Ah. So you're just saying it to say something. Got it.

12. Grouch

Grouch Guest

No, I was trying to help you out but since you're acting like a faggot who has never shot a gun fuck you. :ugh2:

13. GAMBOA

GAMBOA Guest

You will have an actual interview with the head of police/sheriff whom ever might be in the jurisdiction. He will probably ask you why you have a San Diego address and what's the deal. If he catches you in a lie, you're screwed.

They will do a back ground check and verify everything you said is legit. Lying is not the best answer. I would call the police agency in Big Bear and ask them. You could also fill out the application and not lie. The worst thing that could happen is you get turn down. Here is a copy of the application.

http://www.sdsheriff.net/mgt_serv/licensing/ca_ccw_app.pdf

You could look over it and see what they ask you. I know you want a simple Yes or No. The simple answer is no. You don't live in the county. You might own property there, but you don't spend most of the time there. Again, they will do a back ground check. They will verify your address, job, criminal record, vice versa. You don't want to be caught in a lie.

Good luck

14. Mr Roboto

See, that's what I wanted to know, thanks for actually giving me some information. I wouldn't falsify any documents or lie to them in an interview. I was just hoping that the property there would qualify me, and I guess it doesn't. Oh well, It was just an idea.

15. Mr Roboto

That's me, a faggot who's never shot a gun. Amazing how you could figure that out with just a few posts. Clearly your genius knows no bounds, I apologize for ever questioning you.

No, really.

16. Sarge21

Sarge21 Frau am Steuer Ungeheuer!

change your DL to san bernadino county?