GUN Ca 3 Gun Series Morrow Bay Headcam Vids

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by yar1182, Aug 11, 2008.

1. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

2. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

Man I'm beat. It's going to take me a day or two to recover. Been a busy work week. Did not load ammo or clean guns all week. So I loaded ammo and cleaned guns on Friday. My case feed on my press was filthy so that had to be cleaned too before I could reload. Got all of that done and then grabbed 2 hours sleep.

Left at 4 in them morning to make the drive up to morrow bay. Got to the range about 8am and shot the IPSC match. Went to the hotel and they decided because I have the most stuff to give me the room on the 2nd floor farthest from the stairs. Lugged all my gear into the room and fired up the laptop. Did about an hour of stuff for work, but really wanted to sleep. I knew if I slept that early it would screw me up for tommrow. So I decided to head into town for some beers.

There used to be a brewpub called SLO Brewing that was pretty good. Guess they changed ownership and the name. I remember it used to be pretty hopping but since it was still summer and school was not in session, not so much.

Went back to the hotel and crashed out.

Next day at the match I made my usual appearance right at the last minute. I ended up getting parking way the fuck out in BFE, farthest from the stages. I was then told that we could not drive to berm to berm and had to lugg all our gear. I didn't bring my cart so I must of walked 5 miles to and from my truck to get ammo, or to get the correct gun, or water, etc. Everyone else had a cart, I guess I missed the memo.

Wayde the guy that had 1st place open class locked up for the series decides to shoot heavy metal class for morrow bay. There is a tight 3 person race for 2nd. With him dropping out of open it really opened things up for the guys who were behind me. I was holding a slim 2 point lead for 2nd.

I shot 5 out of the 6 stages well. I won 2 of the stages including the long range rifles stage. There were two more stages I should of won but another competitor shot the stages incorectly and gained a major advantage and stage wins for these two stages. I did not make a big deal out of it because she is a nice lady and she was not one of the two guys chasing me. On the short range rifle stage I could not seat my mag to save my life. This is with 3 different mags so I think there was something jammed in my mag catch. I ended up junking the stage by 30 seconds. Somehow I did well enough on the other 5 stages to lock up a 2nd place win. The other 2 guys had their own problems but the door was open for them. 3 Gun is tough that way, it's survival.

Drive home sucked ass too. Some major traffic from all the people heading back to LA. Made a 4 hour drive, 6 hours.

My goal this year was to place top 5 and I'm very happy with my 2nd place win. Got a cool trophy for the mantel.

2nd best open class 3 gun shooter in California, yo.

3. Ebtromba

Ebtromba Active Member

how badass is it that yar shares his life with ot

4. more off

more off Moderator

:rofl:

i love it when the music kicks in and it goes to fast motion :rofl:

5. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

The long range rifle is so deliberate, then when you go pistol or shotgun it's a drag race.

6. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Getting my picture taken w/ my trophy. I plan on having a few beers out of the trophy after I recover and get some work done. You can also see my loot of the prize table behind us.

7. more off

more off Moderator

what were the other prizes that you won ?

good job on 2nd place, i'm sure without the mag catch problems you'll do better next time.

8. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

The big prize was a rugged gear 3 gun cart. Sold that at the match for $$$, then some certs for various stuff like safariland, some ears, etc.

The mag catch was really a non issue. I did win open class for this particular match. I was 2nd overall for the series which is multiple matches.

9. phlashkill

phlashkill New Member

cool vids

what is your full set of gear you use for these matches?

wish there was three gun around me, i would love to go watch some.

10. 1979TA

1979TA OT Supporter

Yeah... do you just use a belt with mag holders/shell pouch? vest?

I am starting to gear up for my first match on Sept. 7th

11. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

It would be a whole novel in itself to list 3 gun gear. There are two main classes which are tactical and open. Tactical is less equipment intensive. Only one scope on the rifle, and no bipod, shotgun has to be finger loaded and hold no more than 9 shells total, pistol must be iron sights, no compensator, magazine lenght no more than 170mm.

Open class is pretty much run anything you want.

You guys are going to shoot in tactical because you just don't have the specialized gear to shoot open. Pretty much run what you already own but your going to want a decent scope on your rifle. Not sure about what distances your local match goes out to but in So Cal you better be able to hit stuff out to 350 yards though most of the country does not go out that far. For shotgun your going to want some shell caddy's to hold your shotgun ammo. You can get the more inexpensive ones from www.demooner.com The 4 shell caddy is the most popular as guys grab the shells 4 at a time and work them into the gun. You'll need 5 or 6 caddy's as well as a 8 shell wristband, etc.

If you guys have not shot any uspsa pistol matches I would start there then go to 3 gun.

12. phlashkill

phlashkill New Member

well what gear did you use for those vids that you posted. i dont care as much about the bags that you used to carry stuff.
    what was your riffle, shotgun, and pistol.

as far as shooting a uspsa pistol match i would be all up for trying at one, but i dont currently own a pistol.

always been intersted in competition shooting but all my guns are based for hunting currently. next purchases are fun guns.

13. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

[​IMG]
    Open Benelli built by Rob melhorn
    [​IMG]
    AR-15 built by Rob Melhorn
    [​IMG]
    Glockworx G17 open

14. more off

more off Moderator

sexy guns :bowdown:

15. DoucheBag

DoucheBag New Member

honestly... i dont know how you remembe what order to go in. id be all over the place :o :rofl: