C++ Tutorials

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by dingo, Sep 23, 2003.

1. dingo

dingo Ron Paul 2008

Where do you guys go? One site that i think is *excellent* is: www.gametutorials.net Don't let the name fool you, it's more indepth than just a bunch of kiddies going "WEEEEE LETS SMMKAKEE GAMESS!!!". Also www.gamedev.net has a lot of links, and http://nehe.gamedev.net/ has great openGL guides.

Also, do you guys know of any good c/c++ forums (preferably c++)?

2. Mugatu

Mugatu Ask me about market research. OT Supporter

I don't - but thanks for the links since I've been meaning to brush up on my, barely existent, C++ knowledge.

3. skinjob

skinjob Active Member

4. G.I.R.

G.I.R. Guest

Are these links good for anyone who has no experience with any programming? I want to learn so I was wondering if they are a good place to start if you have never done it or are they aimed more for people who have previous experience?

5. Syrinx1976

Syrinx1976 Guest

I gave up on C++, Now getting in to VB.Net and Java, and just cause I picked up a Book on Cobalt LOL

6. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

Grab a book. I'm not sure when this book would be released, but one of my old professors that taught C++ is writing a book that guides you through step by step in making some console based game. It's pretty basic, but you WILL learn the functionality of C++ and how to code it.

The version I have (In one of the beta stages) is called: C++ By Mark Kunka.

It's a great guide for beginners who want to learn how to code C++, considering you have some knoweldge in C.

If you don't have any prior programming experience, I would suggest learning some C before proceeding into C++. Just my two cents.

Keep an eye out for the book. It will be out soon I'm sure.

7. G.I.R.

G.I.R. Guest

Whats the name of the professor so we at least know which author to look for?

8. dingo

dingo Ron Paul 2008

I would definately say yes, especially to the gametutorials.com link. I had been looking around at other beginners tutorials and then I found that site, their format is really well laid out in each .cpp file (The tutorials are full comments in the source code)

9. dingo

dingo Ron Paul 2008

:bowdown: This is really nice, especially the FAQ forum