GUN C&R question - Legal Address

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by kf4zht, Dec 23, 2007.

1. kf4zht

kf4zht New Member

After seeing the other C&R thread I remembered I still need to do that. However I would want to have the address be my school address (house I am renting) and not my parents address (b/c of tax and insurance). Has anyone else done this before. I live at the address 98% of the year, but I know things are different due to me being a full time student.

Anyone tried this or heard anything about it?

2. Gaunt

Gaunt blood for the blood god OT Supporter

when you put the address, weapons can only be shipped to that address. so if you move you will have to put in a new form with the atf with the change of address. it will be fine to put your renting house if that is the address you want the rifles to be shipped to.

3. ElCidKid

ElCidKid New Member

I use my parents addess, not my school address.

4. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

I think it's got to be the address at which the collection resides. That way in the event of an inspection(which is almost unheard of), they know which address to go to.

5. t1h

t1h Guest

you can have a C&R license for both addresses. you will just need to keep 2 bound books

6. kf4zht

kf4zht New Member

I figured it wouldn't be a big deal. I guess it is kind of like a business having 2 for different store locations.

I have no reason to have one at my parents, the only time I have guns there is when I am home and going to the range. I don't plan on moving back for any real length of time.