GUN C&R license questions...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by PC Principle, Feb 18, 2009.

1. PC Principle

PC Principle New Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (HTC PPC 6800: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Alltel HTC PPC6800)

I think I want to get my C&R license because I want to start collecting old rifles. I currently live in an apartment. Is this going to be a problem? Also, I will be moving in less than a year. What will I have to do if anything when I move?

2. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

You have to notify the ATF 30 days prior to the move, and get a new license issued with your new address. You will also need to re-send copies of the license out. When you make a purchase using a C&R it can only be shipped to the address listed on the license.

3. PC Principle

PC Principle New Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (HTC PPC 6800: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Alltel HTC PPC6800)

damn. Maybe I should wait then.

4. PC Principle

PC Principle New Member

:cool: Will do. Thanks.

5. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

when you send your change of address form, be sure to fill it out in entirety, and to include a copy of your new lease (which how would that be possible 30 days before you move:dunno:)... ask my how I know... I'm still waiting on my new license to come in. I've already tried to send one in about 3 months ago. Hopefully the BATFE doesn't try to rape me because I updated the address 5 months after I moved in. I just figure you can't exercise the abilities of the license until you have an updated address on a new one.