A&P C&C Please?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by ej25power, Apr 15, 2009.

1. ej25power

ej25power OT Supporter

I never really post my photos.....probably because I'm scared of you guys. :noes:

I shot these for work and I don't feel satisfied with them, so I'm thinking a little C&C will help me a bit.

There are a couple more I'm post processing that I might post later.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Chicle

Chicle New Member

I like them, i've never done any shots like this so I'm not sure what could be done better but looking at them they look nicely done.

3. Jcolman

Jcolman OT Supporter

Not bad. Could they be better? Yes. I'm not a fan of the "darkness" but the lighting on the car is interesting.

4. ej25power

ej25power OT Supporter

Thanks

I agree they could be better. Hence not being satisfied with them :)

As far as the darkness, I kind of had to work with what I was given. I typically like to shoot cars in some sort of environment.

5. MSIGuy

MSIGuy om nom nom nom!

I think they're awesome, they really make the car pop.

The first one though has some hotspots (could just be that's the curves of the car though) I'd play around with burning the front end of the car and a little above the rear wheel well.

6. Drunken Karnie Midget

Drunken Karnie Midget In Yeo We Trust, All Others Pay Cash OT Supporter

On your first shot, the light seems to fall off toward the rear of the car, which makes it rather difficult to look at. Try to distribute your lighting more evenly across the car for a shot like this.

The second one... I like it. The same lighting setup that you had in the first shot actually works here. It emphasizes the contours of the car body, that might otherwise be lost at this angle.

Purely on a subjective note, but in this case, i like the non-existent environment... it fits, and lends a touch of mystery or film noir to the set.

7. ej25power

ej25power OT Supporter

Yea, I know about the hot spots. The car does have some pretty intense curves though. I tried to tone them down the best I could without making them look over processed. No one's said anything about too much processing, so maybe I did ok with that.

The wheels really bug me on the first one. They almost look like I PSed them in.

I tried to get even lighting across for the profile shot, but obviously didn't get it quite spot on. I should have experimented more with my placement...my boss tends to make a fuss about hurrying up with my photos, so I was hasty. (Shooting isn't the main part of my job.)

I think you're right about the blacked out background fitting. The flashiness with the decals and kit are busy enough.

Here's a couple more. These two are kind of boring to me, but I needed to recognize Nitto. They were feeling neglected. :wtc:

Thanks for the input :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]