A&P C&C on some of my work

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Melan, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Melan

Melan New Member

well im just starting and i need some critique, positive or negative, i want it all
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TtamNedlog

TtamNedlog OT Supporter

1. Nice matching the background with the rose. I might would like to see the rose/hand in focus, just personal preference. Cuz in portraits, you tend to naturally look at the eyes. When the eyes are looking back at you, that's really all that needs to be in focus. But when the subject's eyes are looking at something in the image, that directs the viewer's eyes to look at the same area. In this case, the child is directing me to look at the rose. Which is why I'd like to see it in focus.

2. What's causing the light?

3. Tilted to the right

4. Also tilted slightly to the right it seems

Not too bad. Find some more interesting subjects. You said you're just starting, so I know everything feels like an interesting subject heh. That's perfectly fine. Shooting boring stuff is better than not shooting at all! Just keep takin more. Nice kid shot though. =)

3. darkjedi

darkjedi Muay Thai expert

good job. I like #1 and #3

4. PEnGUiN188

PEnGUiN188 New Member

1. Good
    2. Makes you ask, what the fuck is that?
    3. Good.
    4. Too much stuff. hard to figure out what your suppost to look at.

5. badkarma

badkarma New Member

I really enjoy the third one, I think it's the best of the set, it's perfectly composed.

The last one seems rather random, it could have been a bit better composed. The clutter of the images take away from it's potential, though I know what you were trying to do.

The first one is good too, cute and almost very natural. I would like to see a little more of the rose though :).

The second has good exposure, very abstract.

6. Melan

Melan New Member

thank you guys, and that light on #2 is moving cell phone with long exposure.
    TtamNedlog thank you for the advice, next time i will try different focus points , it is a little hard to take pictures of children but now ill have that in mind,
    personally i think the last one is a little too bright and stuffed but there is something about it that i like. i was just walking around and found that in some store at pike place market.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2007
  7. legendr34

legendr34 Titanium Member

the phone photo is nice, i really like the colors