Bye Bye VX9800 hello "The V"

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by caribou, Nov 30, 2005.

1. caribou

caribou New Member

Looks like the VX9800 has been renamed to "the V"? Any guesses on what that means? Check out verizon's site. :hsughno:

2. imhipyournot

imhipyournot LPC id: 34280

a way past due cmda version of an over rated phone?

3. ilikecheese

ilikecheese New Member

sucks cause i wanted one and not im stuck with a brand new e815 =\ past the 14 day trial too.anyway i can get credit back?they already replaced it once

4. kngtfallen

kngtfallen OT Supporter

im looking at getting "the V"....anyone have one? comments/critisisms on it?

5. caribou

caribou New Member

Theres plenty of VX9800/"The V" comments passing around. I have had one for over 2 weeks and the phone is awesome... way better than any other Verizon phone I have had to date.

The phone alone is solid. Build is very sturdy, it has all the features as you know, and some lesser known ones like: it can read you text messages, 1x DUN via bluetooth (needs hack), video (15 secs), MP3 blah.

If you can get EVDO, the thing is great. The keyboard is probably the easiest I have used. Treo 650 is insanely uncomfortabel in comparison. Makes going aroudn the web a breeze. ANd though people think mobile web is limited to proprietary areas, its not. You can go anywhere and the higher internal screen resolution really makes things a lot nicer, especially images.

6. Gai

Gai New Member

Because it looks like a "v" half open looking at the side...it's a stupid name.

7. caribou

caribou New Member

Someone thought they were pretty clever for that one. I actually saw a commercial for it last night where they did the swoop aroudn to the profile "V." I guess its alright, I thought Verizon was trying to make it a Vcast connection at first.

8. paintballah03

paintballah03 My av has been stolen. :squint:

Anyone know if this phone is going to be available on the alltel network? I love the phone but can only have alltel.:hs:

9. caribou

caribou New Member

I saw this asked before somewhere about the 9800... but I can't find any confirmation or anything, lo siento.

What is with alltel and their connection to verizon or LG? Why is this even considered possible?