MIL By popular demand: The Inter-Service Bashing thread!

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by DoubleDown21, May 22, 2005.

1. DoubleDown21

DoubleDown21 New Member

>>question about US MARINES and ARMY<<<

Merging threads caused the intro post to get bumped to the 3rd page, so here you go.

Here's the place you come to tell your jokes, talk crap, or just screw around based on your hatred (real or imagined) of one service or another.

there are a few rules here though...

-If it gets too personal, be the better man and walk away.
    -If you make a claim and someone calls you on it, you need to back it up with some kind of verifiable proof.
    -Posts deemed by the Mods to be hitting below the belt will be edited or deleted.

BUT (and this is a big but) keep the inter-serivce bashing in other threads to a minimum, please.

Let's hear your best shot. (please don't make ranger and i regret this)

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2005
  2. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Theres a reason why the Marines have longer boot camp and harder training.

"Africal" :)

3. hooahrcr

hooahrcr Chris_Hearn

yes, thats because it take them longer to understand and complete the mission:p

4. Accord

Accord New Member

The Marines protect all American assets around the world and also protect sites crucial to our national security. MSG's (Marine Security Guards) is a B-Billet duty where Marines protect American embassy's around the world, MCSF (Marine Corps Security Forces) protect all sites of national interest and sites important to protecting our national security, such as nuclear submarine facilities. A select few Marines which stand out from the rest get selected for Yankee White duty which is presidential support, these are the Marines you always see on TV saluting the president, protecting Camp David, etc. The Marines are the best in the world and being the best carries the most responsibility.

If you do a little bit of research, you'll learn that the Marines are basically American's 911 force and they can be mobilized anywhere in the world within 96 hours as opposed to weeks or even months for the other branches, they're always the first ones in and they're the ones doing most of the front line fighting.

...god I can't wait.

Last edited: May 22, 2005
  5. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Haha, nice.

6. DoubleDown21

DoubleDown21 New Member

I dont get it :squint:

7. Socrates

Socrates New Member

It's "African" --- Africal is not a word. :)

8. DaRkPhAnToM

DaRkPhAnToM FML OT Supporter

The Army Ranger battalions can be anywhere within the world ready to fight for 30-45 days within 18 hours :mamoru: always the first ones in, lol.... All Special Ops including Ranger bats are well in before the USMC or conventional army forces come

9. Accord

Accord New Member

The Marines are an expeditionary force, it's not fair to compare Special Ops of any branch to the regular Marine Corps. If you're going to compare the Rangers to the Marine Corps, then at least compare them to Force Recon and the Rangers will have met their match.

10. DaRkPhAnToM

lollololol

Rangers are regular infantry that is special ops capable. marine force recon is comparable to army Special Forces, both completely different then the Ranger bats. i

11. Accord

Accord New Member

I'm not going to argue with you despite what I think because you've BTDT and I haven't even earned the right to argue with you. I'm sure you're sick of wannabe's arguing with you about who is better, and if I were in your shoes I would be as well. When i'm back on OT during my 10 day leave many many many months from now after boot camp, then we can get into a good debate :bigthumb:.

12. RoblesGT

RoblesGT [Track Days: 19 ][Crashes: 1] [SuMo Days: 1 ][Cras OT Supporter

Forget Marine Recon forces and say hello to the actual Spec Ops of the Marines called Detachment One. Brand spanking new and if I remember correctly, they might be undergoing their training now, not really sure.

Its a safe bet though that they will be the most badass out of all the spec ops unit our military has, :coold:

13. DaRkPhAnToM

they been around since 2003 and work together with SEALs for the time being for training

14. BassBoy14

BassBoy14 New Member

18 hrs beats the hell out of your time!! ever hear of the 75th Rangers and 82nd ABN DIV You need fast you call us

15. Accord

Accord New Member

Again, why are you comparing specialized forces to the regular Marine Corps? The entire Marine Corps can be mobilized within 96 hours, the Army doesn't even come within weeks, even months of that. The Marine Corps has it's own Recon battalions just like the Rangers which can be deployed in the same amount of time.

16. Swoop411

Swoop411 New Member

When I was in the Marine Corps we didnt have to "mobilize" since there is always a MEF or MEU out and about. We were already there when the stuff jumps off. We guard everything because when the Army gets shot at they tuck tail and run.

17. DaRkPhAnToM

82nd airborne aint specialized...

18. DaRkPhAnToM

its cause of idiots like you that i hate marines. yeah i ran when i was shot at...

19. Accord

Accord New Member

Marines assigned to Yankee White detail (which is extremely hard to be accepted into) provide secondy security for the president at home and abroad and work hand in hand with the secret service while doing so. They basically protect all of the classified material that travels with the president, preidential communications equipment, etc. and as a last resort they're there to backup the secret service should anything happen.

20. DaRkPhAnToM

accord is indeed right about this. i have a buddy that i was in JROTC with in high school is is a counter sniper for that yankee white stuff. he does indeed work with the secret service hand and hand

21. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

You have been listening to your recruiter to much. Marines haven't been the first into combat since Viet Nam. And the Air Force is the most mobile service. The Army can deploy just as quickly as the Marine Corp.

22. brackac

Partially true. Army is in charge of White House Comm, even though other services work in White House Comm.

23. C5Load

C5Load OT Resident UCLA fanatic

(Bart passes a sign saying "Now Entering Australia.")
    Bart: Hey, G. I. Joe, your sign's broken. We're already in Australia.
    Marine: Actually, Sir, the embassy is considered American soil, Sir!
    Homer: Really? Look, boy, now I'm in Australia... (hops over the line) Now I'm in America...Australia! America!
    Bart: I get it, Dad.
    Homer: Australia! America!
    Marge: Homer, that's enough!
    Homer: Australia! America! (gets punched) Ow!
    Marine: Here in America we don't tolerate that kind of crap, Sir!

24. brackac

Last time I checked the 82nd, 101st, 125th, 1st Cav, and almost every other fighting division in the Army is setup for 24 hour wheels up deployments.

25. Monstrddg

Monstrddg New Member

Its not important what branch gets the claim the the biggest badasses, were all Americans and we all bleed the same color.

When you get in the shit you dont stop to ask what branch the person who saved your ass was in, you just buy him a beer say thank you. I dont care how tough your training is, you still cry for your mother when youve got a sucking chest wound.

If youve been there you know what Im talking about!