Buying this Powerbook was the WORST decision I've made in a long time...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Rev. Johnny Vegas, Mar 11, 2005.

1. Rev. Johnny Vegas

Rev. Johnny Vegas Rectal Ventriloquist

One PowerBook, three personal PCs, one corporate PC. Now I don't want to use any of my PCs.

My Toshiba laptop - $1200 two years ago rendered useless. Hasn't been used but maybe twice since I bought my PB.

My main desktop - over $2500 into it. Has been used only to fix up (i.e. ID3 tags) or transfer files over to my PB since I bought my PB. Probably still will be used to serve files and for boring tasks (i.e. BitTorrent). And games, still gotta get my HL2 and CS:S fix.

I've got a second desktop that I've been meaning to finished sitting still and now I have no interest in it now because it can't run OS X.

Not to mention I hate doing work on my corporate laptop now. Instead of editing a large document for work on it, I e-mailed it to myself and am editing it on my PowerBook.

I've rendered about $5,000 in PCs worthless because of this fucking Mac. :mad: It's only going to get worse from here. :hs:

2. Bolicious

Bolicious Handleobraese

3. fifty50

fifty50 New Member

i sold my desktop pc and laptop pc within the same month of getting my PB. still have an older (p3 550mhz) pc at home (i'm away at college) which is never used anyways...

4. t0tz

t0tz New Member

i feel ya brother. :)

5. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

:rofl: same thing happened to me

officially, welcome to the club now.

i dont think a new mac user should be welcomed until they go through this feeling when they've turned their back on all their pc's

6. hootpie

hootpie New Member

Big time :werd:. I'm not in the same boat as you because I sold my desktop PC before I got my Powerbook, but I can understand where you are coming from. One of my good friends has a nice PC/LCD setup that he RARELY uses ever since he got his 12" PB.

7. elcano

elcano Guest

Hell, I barely use my iBook now I have my g5.. ahah!
    As for my pc... pfft.

8. Apothis

Apothis New Member

I only keep my pc around for gaming, though I haven't done much of that lately. I don't think I've even turned it on in the past week and I have had my ibook up 24/7. The apple is just so much more attractive, convenient, and QUIET vs the pc. Until I have the need or desire to fire up the gaming rig, I'm pretty content as is.

9. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

:hug:

if i didn't trade stocks, i would have no use for my PC's.

the bad ass three monitor opteron box i built in fall of 2003 is used only one or two times per month for rainbow six 3 now. my laptop is a PC, but only so i can run a couple of stock trading apps that are PC only. that, and because Apple doesn't have a high-res PowerBook model yet. My laptop has a 1920 x 1200 screen (same res as the 23" ACD). :)

10. Icedog

Icedog New Member

I don't even touch my linux box anymore. I know how you feel but a little worse. The PowerBook I'm on now is 667Mhz with 512MB of RAM. I'd much rather use this than my 2.6 P4 w/ 1GB of RAM.

11. xioix

xioix OT Supporter

i love my new iMac, i was so glad my pc crapped out on me and gave me a reason to get it

12. IcyHot4Life

IcyHot4Life Str8 Ballin'

awesome :blue: I mean yeah that sucks but you know what it is now :bigthumb:

make me a mod too :x: :p