MMA Buying some new gear...

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by dunkinskeleton, Dec 8, 2007.

1. dunkinskeleton

dunkinskeleton New Member

I am going to be buying some new gear and wanted to get your input on my purchases.

Gloves-I am fairly certain that I want to go with Fairtex gloves. The only problem is that a lot of the websites that are included in the sticky at the top of the page do not carry Fairtex (except for Fairtex itself). Anyone know of any websites where I can get the best deal on some nice 16 oz. Fairtex gloves. Also, which model of glove should I go with if I choose to go with Fairtex (safety training, super sparring, heavy hitter, or thai style)?

Shin Pads-I am a tall skinny guy (6'5 195) and have no idea which brand to go with in order to try and get the best fit. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.

Rash Guard-Are there any brands of rash guard that I should stay away from? What size should I order?

I have been training for about a month and a half and I am tired of having to use the gym's loaner equipment. Thanks guys and I am looking forward to your comments.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2007
  2. Sylva

Sylva New Member

Combat sports sell fairtex.

3. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

whats wrong with ordering form Fairtex? :dunno:

they are very fair on shipping costs.

just get the gloves you like. sparring gloves are a little bit more of a pain to get on, bu offer more wrist support. I say just get their plain 16oz training gloves.

shin pads, brand doesnt matter, fit does. I like the fairtex ones. lots of people i have seen using the CSI ones end up having them tear on them. and i liek the instep on the fairtex ones.

really, its a freaking rash guard, not like someone can engineer a rashguard poorly.

if you call the fiartex store they can help you pick the right sizes for everything. very nice guys.

4. Scrooge McDuck

Scrooge McDuck OT Supporter

I just walk in and buy my gear from fairtex :dunno:

I train there though so I guess its different. I bought my handwraps from the CEO of Fairtex.