WEB Buying sites on flippa.com

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by eof, Aug 29, 2009.

1. eof

eof New Member

Has anyone ever thought of or actually done this? I look at them a few times a week but never really see anything that is not complete junk...:dunno:

Last edited: Aug 29, 2009
  2. pharmokan

pharmokan OT Supporter

what do you expect bro its like a craigslist for used furniture

3. Insert Tokens

Insert Tokens Making Cancer My Bitch OT Supporter

Tell us how it goes...

4. wyrmblight

wyrmblight Tá m'árthach foluaineach lán d'eascanna OT Supporter

I tried buying one decent site there. Was the highest bidder when the auction ended. Seller chose not to sell it, instead re-listed it for a higher price. It would have been a nice site to have, but overpriced at the price I was going to pay.

Flippa is just sitepoint's new website for auctions, just like 99designs. Sadly all the crap carried over from their forums, and the search there sucks.

5. Pepsi1975

Pepsi1975 Mod of the Year

99designs is now selling domain names?

6. wyrmblight

wyrmblight Tá m'árthach foluaineach lán d'eascanna OT Supporter

Nope, but was making a reference that site point moved their design contests to 99designs, and then moved their websites to flippa. Either way, the crap from site point has followed.

Anymore I just start e-mail people who own the websites and ask if they want to sell. Finding an good established site is hard to find with all the turnkey crap out there. Or the people who earn $5 a month and expect to get in the 4 digits for their site.

7. Mister9

Mister9 New Member

I have came up on a pretty decent site off of flippa, however I have also came across an awful deal that I regret till this day. The seller sold me a site that ran perfectly for about 2 weeks then started to fail miserably. He would end up fixing it but then it would stop working again after a couple weeks. Then I found out he was reselling the script under numerous other domain names like it was cookie cutter which brought down the unique value of the site completely.

It was obviously my fault for not asking more detailed questions about the site he was selling but i never thought he would pull that shit. One lesson learned.

8. JesterFX

JesterFX New Member

Have only sold sites there. Biggest was about 6k for a myspace resource site lol. Nothing huge but usually easy to find a buyer. Buying is a lot harder as everyone has said. Not just hard to find a good deal but so many scammers/bullshitters that it takes so much research and usually not worth it in the end anyway.

9. Ricky

Ricky █▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

dont use their paypal shit.

always use escrow