Buying new dress shoes

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by xinster, Jul 21, 2008.

1. xinster

xinster New Member

Right now all i have is this in black http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/16225071/c/3633.html

I've been spending a lot of time on Zappos and only recently found Shoes.com. Well I don't care about fast shipping, but I've basically been using Zappos to find reviews, but Shoes.com seems to have better pricing (especially since it takes 10 seconds to google a coupon code). Dunno, Zappos might be a little overhyped, I'm disliking the shitty site layout and even worse search engine. I like shoes.com better.

Anyway i've had my eyes on these Florsheim Riva in black for a LONG time, comfort is the main priority for me (btw, i traded in my Born Wess for those clarks, that shoe was a pain in the ass)

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/104042.html

Apparently I have a really high arch and I wear a 3E. I'm gonna size up .5

what yall think?

2. xinster

xinster New Member

Oh yeah, when it says polyurethane bottom, does that mean its outsole is shitty?

3. heffy

heffy New Member

check out Johnston and Murphy

I'm never buying another dress shoe that's not J&M now. Their shoes are super comfortable

4. Yardsale

Yardsale OT Supporter

check out shoes by alden, grenson, moma, bally, allen edmond to name a few

5. dibalicious

dibalicious sexy crew

to the threadstarter, assuming your budget permits, see above. you can probably get allen edmonds for cheap if you look in the right places. try ebay and such. look for seconds, theres often very minor visual imperfections but you'll get them much cheaper.

6. xinster

xinster New Member

allen edmond- i heard you can just keep sending them in and they'll repair the stuff for you. They won't do it for ebay purchases though right?

-checked their site out. Shoes seem a little too dressy for me. Thanks for all the brand suggestions, but do you guys think that florsheim is a bad brand or something? or is the shoe not good?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2008
  7. xinster

xinster New Member

Yeah i dunno about ebay...Kinda hard to find something that matches my style + 7 3E