Buying drinks for women

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by SolidRanger, Jan 19, 2010.

1. SolidRanger

SolidRanger New Member

What is OT's take on buying drinks for women?

I'm having a hard time between thinking it's the gentlemanly thing to do, or if it's just a sucker's game. Everyone knows that there are alot of women who tease and manipulate men in order to get them to buy them drinks. My own sister brags about her keen ability to get free drinks off of suckers.

I found a website the other day that tallies poll answers from women. One of the questions asked if guys should buy drinks for cute girls at the bar. The vast majority of women answered "Yes, but they are just using you".

This just perplexes me. Men should allow themselves to be used and taken advantage of?

The way I see it, if I'm talking to a woman and we're vibing, I'll offer her a drink, but if a girl approaches me and says "So, you gonna buy me a drink?" I'm gonna tell her no.

Agree/Disagree?

2. kopetzki

kopetzki Banned

never, ever, ever, buy a woman a drink at a bar.

3. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

friends, sure
    random chick ? only if we are chatting for awhile and she doesn't bring it up. Or if she buys me a round :love:

4. SolidRanger

SolidRanger New Member

How do you handle that though? I witnessed my friend, after reading The Game, who refused to buy a woman a drink, and she got pissed off and went off on him.

5. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Good. He weeded out a gold-digging whore.

6. SolidRanger

SolidRanger New Member

hmmm...touché

7. Thelonius

Thelonius New Member

If I've already gotten good vibes and we're talking, then I'll offer the drink, not beforehand as a means to get somewhere.

8. kopetzki

kopetzki Banned

Now that i think about it i have to retract my previous statement. If we're with a group of newer people we met at the bar and we're all having fun i'll buy a round of shots or something, it's different than a drink (I guess :rofl: ) plus it's more fun taking shots with more people, but this includes dudes and girls

9. SolidRanger

SolidRanger New Member

:bowdown:

Agreed, opening with the "can I buy you a drink" line is pretty shit tier game.

10. drock1042

drock1042 New Member

:werd:

Women hate guys buying them drinks because they know the guy is thinking "oooh yeah this will get me in her pants!" NOT.

If you really feel the need to buy a chick another drink, make it casual and ask something along the line of "Need another?" if she says no, it's not as painful as the rejection to "Can I buy you a drink?" But make sure you have already been talking to her for at least an hour, and she is actually laughing at your pathetic attempts at humor.

11. Thelonius

Thelonius New Member

you are neurotic as fuck Alaya. But you're a cool chick.

12. Fachh

Fachh New Member

Sure the roots of chivalry may be sad but when I act chivalrous it feels almost instinctual. Sometimes its just nice to be nice to someone smaller/cuter than you are

13. BoypussY

BoypussY game over.

chivalry is dead and women killed it. Women don't appreciate or respect nice guys...they'll just walk all over you and use you. If a chick is really into you, she won't give a fuck if you buy her a drink or not.

14. peoplescar

peoplescar Guest

i never have, and never will. I've done it for girls who are friends, but that's way different.

15. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

You can if you want, but there's no guarantee you'll get anything for it.

My thoughts are: Assuming she's a decent girl, she has a job and can afford her own drinks.

Also, there's no reliable way to know if she genuinely appreciates it, or is just looking to get free drinks.

16. Spaceering

Spaceering I bite.

my take is if i want to do something with my money, id rather go throw it into a wishing fountain and make a few wishes. because when you just buy someone a drink outright or even if they are friends, you are pretty much throwing the money away, since the drink is not ending up in your system, but someone elses.

the only time id really buy anyone something to drink would be if i went to a party or had people over, never out at a bar. that is just how it goes in this part of the world

17. 1.8t

1.8t Member

I never buy women drinks....ever.

18. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

19. k624ash

k624ash New Member

I bought a girl a drink the night I met her, but not until I'd already been talking to her for a while. Also she was a friend of a friend, and it was 50 cent beer night, so it was more of a "hey im going to the bar, who needs refills". And I ended up dating her for a while.

Other then that I wouldnt buy drinks for random girls. Even when I have gone to the bar with girlfriends we pretty much just took turns buying rounds.

20. infinite.purple

infinite.purple New Member

how timely: http://i.imgur.com/f84tw.jpg

cliffs: guy meets cute chick at a bar and starts up convo. girl seems cool until she asks guy to buy her a drink. guy tells her politely that he doesn't buy girls drinks. girl flips out. guy turns around and buys a drink for a chubby chick to stick it to stuck up, sense-of-entitlement girl.

his long version is worth a read though. he makes some good points and it's got some lulz. :)

21. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

22. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

:bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

"Ed Hardy wearing frat bro" :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

"hopefless collar-popper" :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

Brilliantly written, except for being reactive enough to buy the fat girl a drink... but even then, it all worked out in the end :bowdown:

23. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

btw, here are the rules for when it's ok to buy girls drinks:

1. When you guys are already a couple and things are reciprocating back and forth evenly.

2. When you guys are married (especially true if she's a stay-at-home mother/wife who doesn't work and therefore has no income)

3. When you're on a date and you know she'll get the next round. Note that the night you first meet a girl at a bar is not "on a date"

4. If she bought you the first drink and you like her

edit - Man, I sure don't miss the bar scene :rofl: I have never, ever, in my 8 years of bar-going, bought a random girl a drink. For the first 5 years before I even knew what social dynamics were, I just thought it was stupid and could still tell that chicks were just using dudes for drinks. And in 8 years, I had a random chick buy me a drink once :rofl: I placed my order, she was like "let me pay for that." I was like "um, I just ordered two drinks, one for me and one for my gf." And she's like "i don't care, just do a shot with me." I was like "lol, ok." I didn't feel too bad, tho, cuz it was at a college bar with $2 you call its so I didn't think she was gonna go broke from that.

24. SolidRanger

SolidRanger New Member

LOL I can see a great comeback to being asked for a drink. "Sorry, but I'm a pro-feminist and judging from your clothes, shoes, jewelry and cell phone you seem to be doing pretty well for yourself and being the believer of equality that I am, I think it would be only fair for you to get the first round and I'll get the next. Deal?"

25. SolidRanger

SolidRanger New Member

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Awesome find man, nothing but truth there.