Buying a TV from Best Buy

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Phill A. Peno, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Phill A. Peno

Phill A. Peno It's Filipino, stupid. OTTC, Cycling Crew, WRX Cr OT Supporter

Is it even possible to bargin a slightly lower price on a TV?

Has anyone actually done it?

I know I can bargin at the 6th Ave Electronics chain nearby, but that place is ghetto as fuck.

2. Ronin

Ronin Guest

i have a friend who works at BB ill ask him if he knows what the profit margin on the TVS are.

if its thick then u can probably bargain a bit, if its not then they probably wont cut u slack

3. Phill A. Peno

Phill A. Peno It's Filipino, stupid. OTTC, Cycling Crew, WRX Cr OT Supporter

4. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

Tell an employee to buy it for you, and give them some monies. I do that for people sometimes.

5. SilverJettaGLX

SilverJettaGLX OT Supporter

I recently got a new TV from BB, I had them price match another local retailer (Fry's) then used a 10% off coupon. Saved a bunch of money and it was quick and painless.

6. RedDawg

RedDawg Well-Known Member

i used to work there and if a person haggled we could adjust the price on the service plan of get them free delivery, stuff like that. Occasionally we took 10% off, go near the end of the day to buy it. If the store had a slow day they'll be more willing to haggle in order to get a big purchase like a TV on the books, especially if you get the service plan with it.

7. funkbucket007

funkbucket007 New Member

They can match or beat any legitimate offer from another retailer in the area. They're running no interest until Janurary of 2007 on TVs right now if you're interested in that. I work there part time as an installer on my days off from the fire deaprtment & just decided on a whim the other day to price TVs. There's not a lot of markup in them but you could stumble across a good deal. I bought an LG 52SX4D DLP set on a whim because it retailed for $2999.99 originally, store cost was $1999.99, went on clearance for $1999.99 to the public & I got it for $1298.99.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2005