buying a phone off ebay.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by ZaC851, Apr 24, 2007.

1. ZaC851

ZaC851 New Member

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]I want a new cell phone....POS razr always freezes etc...it the second one I've got thats did this...just tired of it and want to change. I went today to cingular and was just going to sign another 2 year contract so I could get what ever phone i wanted for the cheap price...but I'm not eligible for a upgrade until next year which means any phone that I want I have to pay full price for.....So I was looking into getting one off ebay.

question is..how does it work, do I just take my SIM card out the razr put it in my new one and it works magically, and does it have to be a phone that cingular carries?

If so when I get it do I have to take it into cingular to program it or what ever.
    [/FONT]

2. OneTwo

OneTwo me>you OT Supporter

3. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

a) must be a cingular phone
    b) get the IMEI from the seller and call cingular to make sure it's valid and not stolen
    c) purchase
    d) insert your sim
    e) make call
    f) profit.

4. dooks88

dooks88 need some bat wings

does not have to be a phone that cingular offers. I have used a few unlocked phones from tmobile with cingular. i have also used unlocked phones from europe. just make sure they use the same frequencies as cingular.

5. Tom93R1

Tom93R1 Member

Any tri-band or quad band unlocked GSM phone should work. Most phones worth buying anyway will be quad band any more.
    Unbranded phones are even better, that way you dont end up with some other service's funky software that likely wont work on Cingular.