Buying a new laptop.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Kabluey, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Kabluey

Kabluey Snowboard, DSLR, Broly - Punchin' holes in souls

I am thinking of going with the http://www.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/inspn_e1405?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19

I would upgrade the processor to 2.0 GHz.
    The specs would be

Intel Core 2 Duo - 2.0 GHZ
    1GB DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz, 2 Dimm
    120GB Hard Drive
    8X CD/DVD Burner (DVD+/-RW) with double-layer DVD+R write capability
    Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950

Do you guys think it's worth it? The total is $1049 with the upgraded processor. Or I can just have the base 1.66 core 2 duo for $899.

Do you think the 1.66 GHZ is fast enough to listen to music and use Dreamweaver 8, PS CS2, and watch a movie at the same time? hahaha

thanks guys

2. insanity911

insanity911 AHAHAHAHAH

I just bought that one.. I like dell cuz of the 3 year complete care.. i can play frisbee with the laptop..

pretty decent

3. rsxm5

rsxm5 OT Supporter

Don't go Dell... look at IBM/Lenovo, Fujitsu, ASUS, etc...

4. fttp

fttp Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2006
  5. ady

ady New Member

Yes.

6. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

I got the Dell 1705 and 2 of my friends have the 1505 and we all love these computers. Dells ROCK right now....the 1505 was PC Magazines Editor's Choice. They are well built, stable offer very fast performance and amazing financing options, if you qualify.....oh and 3 year complete care includes accidental drops and spills!

Be sure to google Dell Laptop Coupons and you can find some that will save you up to 20% on the purchase of your system. Or if you are in school, check with your schools IT department. My University has a student purchase program and I saved around 20% on my laptop....too bad they wouldn't let me save another 20% on top of that with a coupon. However, the money I saved made my 3 year total coverage insurance cost about $50.

One friend with the 1505 and I upgraded our video cards to the higher end ones. We are both using these laptops as our primary gaming machines....they are seriously awesome.

Only draw back is they get a little hot.