Buying a Macbook: questions

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Mac, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Mac

Mac It varies from season to season, kid. OT Supporter

are most popular programs available for the mac? do i need antivirus or antispyware tools on a mac these days? have they fixed the wireless issues i heard about when they were first released? what are some must have programs for the mac? :)

2. SLED

SLED build an idiot proof device and someone else will

1.) There is A LOT of good software for the mac. Just depends on what you do though.

2.) Don't really need AV or spyware stuff. You can run it if you want, but I would argue that you don't really need it.

3.) The wireless issue? If you're talking about the "hack" where it was rumored that somebody could take over your computer, that was a hoax.

4.) There is a really good thread over in the MacShack forum for must have programs: http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=2656542

which macbook are you buying? I have a slightly used MacBook Pro for sale if you're interested

3. hyukki

hyukki ._.

Errr. Not a fan of Mac's. I don't wanna start the whole PC vs. Mac, it has its own forum. If you're wondering about program compatibility issues, I think you should get a PC. :p

But, if you REALLY, do want one and you're like OMFG I'M GONNA DIE IF I DON'T GET IT. Then go for it.
    :mamoru:

4. Mac

Mac It varies from season to season, kid. OT Supporter

i was just gonna get the base level white macbook, the specs seem to be enough for what i wanna do, plus i get a student discount. thanks for the link btw, very informative