buying a laptop: why go apple?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by 01000101, Dec 23, 2004.

1. 01000101

01000101 New Member

I made a similar post in the "Computers and Programming" forum, but i thought id ask the applegeeks for their opinions.

i started out on a mac, way back when, when motorola had just started using personal computers and went with macs. dad brought his home from work and let me mess around on it.

after that, windows made its bid for power and thats all ive used since, but i do have fond memories of apple systems. we even own an imac, but noone uses it for some reason.

i need to purchase a laptop for school and to keep myself entertained at work, and have been considering going to an apple system if only because i already have a desktop pc that i make dance and want to learn something else.

i read several of the posts here on the front page, and it looks like i should go apple.

but more than that, i dont know. thoughts?

thanks

2. Bolicious

Bolicious Handleobraese

You came in here looking for Apple biased reviews? Why don't you just go to Apple.com and save a thread?

3. 01000101

01000101 New Member

no, not apple biased reviews. i want to know why people who use apple do or why those who switched from pc did. thanks tho.

4. xxxgames12

xxxgames12 Guest

I did because I wast just starting to get into video editing and I head mac's were/are known for their great graphics so I made the switch. 5 years later, now a Web and Graphic designer living happily- 2 macs later :)

5. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

I am switching (holding out until MWSF to see what goodies they'll have next)...

All I can say is go to CompUSA or the Apple store and mess around with a mac... I fell in love with it. The friend who was with me hated it... That's how it's always going to be, I bet... Some will feel at home, and others will feel very uncomfortable with them.

So go give it a try, ask specific questions when you have them, and make the decision that works best for you. But a vague "why go with apple" won't get you any useful answers.

6. HuMpS 97 DoHc

HuMpS 97 DoHc NeonCanada 4 Life

sounds like i'm in the same shoes as you. I just recently bought an iBook. I do computer repair/tech support and was bored of always being on pc's and using windows. so i was in the market for a laptop so I decided why not go mac for some variety in my life. and I've been loving it ever since. It gets way more use then my desktop does now.

7. Error

Error ¿ti†le øut-of_order

Shoot me an IM @ PrintError or MobileError (my Powerbook).

I've been using Macs for almost 20 years, PC's for almost 18. I own all Macs. I'd be happy to share my views on both, just not here, cuz I'm lazy, it's Xmas eve, and I wanna get hammered :rofl: