A&P Buying a camera...

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by dark cloud, Nov 23, 2003.

1. dark cloud

dark cloud New Member

Ok, i'm a n00b to photography and everything, but i've decided that I want to buy myself a camera when I get my christmas money. I'm willing to spend about $155 tops. I read the n00b sticky and did a little searching, and I only came up with about 2 that I could afford that were decent.

http://megapixel.bizrate.com/marketplace/product_info/details__cat_id--402,prod_id--7825837.html

http://megapixel.bizrate.com/marketplace/product_info/details__cat_id--402,prod_id--7385472.html

The first one seems like a better one to me since the Megapixels are higher and it has more features (like streaming video).

I just want one for casual use, maybe start getting into it as a hobby.

What do you guys think? If you could find me a better one I would be extremely thankful. Thanks for the help.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2003
  2. Mike Panic

Mike Panic New Member

in that price range. you may have found the 2 best camera's... i dont even think that the nikon coolpix 2100 is that cheap

out of the 2 you have listed... the canon is better im my eyes... they have a MUCH better track record w/ quality sensors and they use CF cards, not the still new to the market and not widely accepted XD cards that the fuji does. fuji consumer digi p&s camera's also have a bad track record of poor low light focus.

dont fall into the "more mp is better" bs line... its the quality of the sensor.

forget about the streaming video. its a pointless thing they put on digital camera's to say they have another feature. digital still camera's are good at taking digital still photos, they blow at video. you will use it maybe twice and thats it.

3. dark cloud

dark cloud New Member

Last edited: Nov 26, 2003
  4. dark cloud

dark cloud New Member

*bump*

Anyone? Please? :0

5. dark cloud

dark cloud New Member

Yea that's nice. I see that it doesn't come with a memory card.... how much are those for a decent one?

6. Valence

Valence Gustav Refugee

dunno, I wouldn't buy a digital for that price. you could get a quality slr film camera on ebay with a good lens , autofocus and loaded with features for that much

7. dark cloud

dark cloud New Member

Yea, but a digital camera would be so much easier for me to handle, not to mention I can delete crap pictures and not waste money getting the pictures developed. Plus I can plop the stuff right onto my HD and share them with friends. :)

Anyhow, anyone else have an opinion on the cameras? Thanks :)

8. go for the fuji out of those two. you can print larger size photos w/o blurring.

personally, if you are extremely new, then get a cheap cheap camera and fool around for a few months or so just getting ideas of what night pictures and movement etc.

THEN upgrade to a better camera. AKA, SLR (i honestly wouldn't go anyway else if you want to really be serious with photos and have control over them) but only after you find out that photography is for you.

9. Joe

Joe 2015 :x: OT Supporter

target has the a60 on sale for 200 wiht a 50 dollar gift card for future purchases