Buying a Bike

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by khert, Apr 19, 2003.

1. khert

khert New Member

Hey lately I have been thinking about buying a bike, while I was browsing some local used bikes I saw this.

SUZUKI GSX 750 F KATANA 1991

[​IMG]

Price: $3,200.00 CAN
    Odometer: 48000 Km.

Description : 1991 SUZUKI GSX 750 F KATANA, Red in color, excellent condition. 48,000 km, Want to sell immediately.

I'm planning on taking a course next month on how to ride and stuff but I figured if this was a really good deal I should jump on it. This will be my first bike so I'm not sure if it is too powerful or whatever and I'm not very big so I don't know if it will be too big for me. Anyway I was wondering if any of you guys had an opinion if this is a really good deal or if I should wait until I take the courses and shit.

2. VIOLATION

VIOLATION west coast > east coast

you may want to consider something smaller (500-600cc) and with a less aggressive seating position.

Take a look at the Kawasaki EX500R, a good beginner sportsbike that you probably won't grow out of too quickly.

3. mnewell

mnewell Lucy.

I think that that bike would be just fine for you. The Katana is an entry-level sportbike and that one suit you well. It's plenty fast for a beginner and if you are looking to get a new sportbike in the future, this should set you up nicely.

But... Katana's kinda suck. I dunno if that price is good for a 91 Katana in Canada but for the same price you should be able to pick up a F2 of the same vintage for about the same price. A much better bike.

4. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

Except they look like abortion. :fawk:

5. fr0ng

fr0ng Guest

You'll get bored of the EX500 in a week. Get the F2 or possibly an F3...as long as your responsible with the throttle and don't push yourself, you'll be fine.

6. AMan

AMan ???????????

If you look around it is possible to find a YZF600R or a FZR600 for between $3500 to $4500. Way better then a Katana.

7. iguana

iguana Guest

WORD.

8. fr0ng

fr0ng Guest

I see you made it. :big grin:

9. iguana

iguana Guest

Yeah, now I'm an OT addict.

But I'm an OT addict with a 929, so that makes it ok :)