Buying a big screen tv, help.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by ZeKs, Jul 12, 2004.

1. ZeKs

ZeKs OT Supporter

I want to buy a big screen this weekend, just not sure what to get or where to get it.

A couple questions, what are some good brands and where is the best place to buy a big screen tv? Will buying one at Best Buy, Circuit City, Good Guys, etc be the best choice or will I pay extra bescause they are who they are or will I pay less by going to a dedicated 'TV' shop?

Budget? I dont know 1,500? HDTV ready would be nice.

Thanks for any suggestions. :x:

2. 04

04 Guest

For 1500 you could get a HD set easily. As for the best place to buy, thats really subjective and will differ from person to person.

Have you considered a projector?

3. ZeKs

ZeKs OT Supporter

Nah havent considered projector, but I don't really have the setup for that.

4. ixlr8

ixlr8 New Member

Honestly I would go to a local TV shop over a big box store anyday. They should be able to at least match the price and you will get way better service. Also if there's ever a problem after your warranty is up a local shop might be able to backdate a bill or help you out in anouther way.

I reccommend a Toshiba. They have a good price and they are an awesome tv.

5. Col. Sanders

Col. Sanders Guest

You need to get either a Hitachi S series if you go to Circuit or a Mits if you go to Best buy i dont no the other store but at BB you could get the Mits 315 series for around that price I know cause i work for one of those fine establishments

6. ZeKs

ZeKs OT Supporter

7. Jazz

Jazz Powerhouse of the Scrum

the H93 models come with a built in HDTV tuner so make sure you want that before going with that set...your local cable company may require you to use a different tuner box for HD so you might be better off with an H83 or an HX83 (the X model being better in some aspects of the picture quality) or I think the '04 models are called H84 and HX84 now.

8. spitfyre

spitfyre OT Supporter

I would suggest Samsung DLP set if you can!