Buying a 17" powerbook

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by itsallaboutvegas, Apr 19, 2005.

1. itsallaboutvegas

itsallaboutvegas New Member

On my quest for the perfect powerbook, I thought I could settle for a 12", but was disatisfied by the screen real estate - so here I am again. I have come across a friend who desperately wants to get rid of a 17" Powerbook 1.5MB, 512MB of Ram, 80Gig Harddrive, and installed programs such as toast, all jam packs, 10Gigs of Loops for garageband, adobe, microsoft office X, and a few others I cannot think of. He does not have original discs but they are on the harddrive. Anyways, he bought it 6 months ago and still has original box, receipt and all that - It is in perfect shape.

I dont know what to do because I am not in dire need of another computer(Im using my dad's PC). All I would be doing is surfing the web, downloading music, uploading photos, and I have just started a real estate course. Although I am in love with this computer, something tells me not to buy it as I am also trying to save for a house in the upcoming year. His asking price was $2400 and I managed to bring him down to $1600US, and I guess that is a steal(correct me if Im wrong). I heard there is a very small niche market for 17" powerbooks and I don't want to have to sell it in a couple years and continue to drop my price out of desperation.

Sorry for the long post but I could use all the advice possible before I make a decision. To me $1600 is a lot of money for a computer I want, and do not necessarily need. I could always settle for a 15" powerbook and just wait around for a good deal.

Cheers

Thanks for putting up with all the reading :bigthumb:

2. untoastytoast

untoastytoast The Glory Days

1,600 is a REALLY fucking good price for a 17" pb. I would definately go for it, it sounds like he has the computer nicely set up already too.

3. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

if everything is like you say it is, i'd buy it. thats a good price

4. Furq

Furq Daddy Fatsacks

i have a 17" pb and really like it, you should go for it