GUN Buy my EOTech

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Market Garden, Apr 6, 2009.

1. A couple of weeks ago I mentioned I might sell my EOTech if I didn't fall back in love with it after taking my carbine class this past weekend. Well, I didn't fall back in love with it. I really just prefer the feel of the Aimpoints. Anyways, there were a couple of people on here that were interested in it. It's a rev F model 512. It doesn't have the battery life issue like some do. I've been using the same set of batteries since I bought it about a year ago. The consensus was that it's worth at least $300, so how about the first offer of $325 SHIPPED takes it? I've got the original box and packaging and manual.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 OT Supporter

If I had the money I would be all over that. :hs:

3. I figured I'd give guys here a shot first. There were a few people interested before. If I don't get any bites here, I'll post it there.

4. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 OT Supporter

Operator too

5. :rofl:

6. The Cable Guy

The Cable Guy New Member

I had one in about the same condition. Sold it for $315 shipped on EE in like 5 mins after posting it.

If you can, take nice DSLR studio style shots. ARFCommers get wet over that shit.

7. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

I'll text my buddy and see if he wants in.....

8. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

You still haven't shipped the laurel I bought a few months ago. My dinner isn't making itself you know :mamoru:

9. I didn't get my cases of ammo either. :squint:

I'll ship her out when she stops making beer and food.

10. Laurel

Laurel New Member

Tell MG to buy me a D60 and a tripod and we'll have a lightbox set up in the beer room in a matter of minutes. :eek5:

11. Admitted

Admitted I shouldn't be on OT right now.

i offer you tree. fiddy

12. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

put some black velco and MOLLE webbing on it and double the price

13. mcoski

mcoski New Member

consider any trades?

14. Probably not, but what you have?

15. ChipOnShoulder

ChipOnShoulder New Member

So you're an OTter?

Small world, CMMG 14.5" middy man, I was the Noveske guy. Strange how the internet can be, I was shooting with a guy from the Zombie forums.

Thought the carbine class was a glorified range day, but it was nice to finally get out onto an outdoor range and finally zero my Aimpoint with an IBSZ. Was it worth it with the weather conditions though? Debatable.

At least I got a ton of free brass from the lazy/rich doctors, and police leave behinds... and meet you and your GF, haha.

16. This weekend it was great down there. Actually, yesterday afternoon it was pretty hot standing in the sun all day. The first day of class was basically the Level 1 class all over again (which was kind of lame) but the second day was great. We did a hell of a lot more shooting on day 2. I actually got tired of picking up brass this weekend. I have a big bag of it from the first day, and I only picked up like 20 cases yesterday.

Laurel didn't come to this class, she stayed home and brewed beer all weekend. :bowdown:

17. Cheeseburger

Cheeseburger New Member

What is this beer room you speak of?

18. ChipOnShoulder

ChipOnShoulder New Member

Yup, you've won the "find a cool girlfriend" game, stop showing off! :wtc:

What did you guys learn in Rifle 2?

I was considering doing the FAS training track, but I managed to get a spot in the Magpul 3-day class in Portland.

One thing i've noticed with Eotechs is that all the delcassified photos/videos of SFOD-D show that the units seem to love the Eotech, whereas other HSLD units seem to prefer the Aimpoint. I'm guessing when you're getting into gunfights as often as Delta is, the benefits of having a huge reticle actually makes a difference... but for almost everyone else, the reliability/durability of the aimpoint is more beneficial.

19. Cheeseburger

Cheeseburger New Member

What class did you take and where at? i've been looking into some handgun classes.

20. I have the 2nd largest bedroom of our house as my gun room, so she took the spare room as her beer room. It's just where she keeps all the brewing hardware. She sealed off the closet to light too so she can keep fermenting beer in there and it won't get screwed up by UV rays.

21. Basically, it's Level 1 + low light shooting, moving and shooting, shooting moving targets, shooting multiple targets, shooting to 200 yards, and transitioning between positions.

As to the Delta thing, it would be interesting to look at what their average combat distance with the EOTech is vs. the guys that run Aimpoints. I really like the EOTech up close, but I found it was harder to be consistent with it past 100 yards.

22. Cheeseburger

Cheeseburger New Member

ahhhh. I've done a lil home brewing myself. Need to do it more. Bought a nice kit from Brew Heaven in Everett. Gonna make Diamond Knot IPA next. I wanna make my own stuff but haven't done it a lot myself yet to make my own. I wanna build my man room with a kegerator and bla bla bla. That'd be my beer room. :rofl:

23. This past weekend was the Firearms Academy of Seattle's Level 2 rifle class. 2 weeks ago I did the Level 1 class. Also, I took their Defensive Handgun class earlier this year. Most of their classes are at their facility in Onalaska, which is about 2 hours south. Some classes are held at Norpoint in Arlington.

24. I love Diamond Knot's IPA. I'm not usually a fan of IPAs because most breweries just pack it with hops and really don't pay attention to the more complex flavors that should go into the beer, but Diamond Knot's IPA has a lot more flavor.

Our kegerator is in our living room. :)

25. Cheeseburger

Cheeseburger New Member

ah I see. how do they compare to the Insights Training courses? If you're familiar with them at all...