buy iMac now or wait for Leopard?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by babygodzilla, Mar 17, 2007.

?

buy iMac now or wait for Leopard?

1. NOW!

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  2. Wait for Leopard!

10 vote(s)
    76.9%
  1. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

well?

according to www.mactactic.com the iMac is about to be discontinued. not sure what that means. does it mean theyre gonna replace it with a totally new line? or are they just gonna redesign it? or are they gonna keep the design just change the spec? or is it the same whole thing except with Leopard? that website doesn't give much information...

2. elevator

elevator The tenants think it's wonderful! ヽ(´ OT Supporter

they don't use that word well, the imac will be updated soon, as will the mac mini, etc...

3. skolen

skolen Guest

When I got my G5 I waited the extra month till Tiger was released. They also refreshed the lineup so I ended up getting the dual 2.3ghz, DL-DVD ROM & bigger HD for the same price as the dual 2.0 system I had planned on getting.

Although I do believe Apple lets you trade the discs in.

4. urban ape

urban ape take that take that take that

if leopard isnt that far off, id just wait so you dont have to hassle with exchanging discs or any of that.

5. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

ok. but how does that work? are they gonna refresh the lineup on the day Leopard is released? do i have to wait more? i kinda need a desktop, altho not urgent. but sooner is better, my laptop is kinda dying...

also, mactactic mentions an Apple special event on April 15th and recommends waiting til then, or at least keeping it in mind. any idea what that is? discounts?

6. Rip The Jacker

Rip The Jacker New Member

when i bought my macbook i waited two weeks from the day i decided for macworld in january. i dont regret it even though nothing new came out. it's just a matter of how long you want to wait to be safe.

set a date like april 15 and stick to it.

although with an imac i'd wait, word is they're coming out with black ones so who knows what else they're doing :o

7. skolen

skolen Guest

I forget when, but Apple refreshed the line within a week or so of Tiger's release. I can see them doing the same.

8. Chadder007

Chadder007 OG Diamond Member

Ive heard that Mac Pro and Mac Mini inventory is getting very low....

9. Grouch

Grouch Guest

they are discontinuing the current line of imacs? I was just thinking about getting one.

10. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

yea ok but what the hell is happening on april 15th? i wish there was more info besides "SPECIAL EVENT!! WHOOP DEE DOOOO!!" is that event gonna affect any prices or specs?